Reamping using Allen & Heath ZEDi10FX as interface

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

iliasaek

Reamping using Allen & Heath ZEDi10FX as interface

Post by iliasaek » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:34 am

Hello!
I am a very happy Auria Pro user for the last couple of years!
Recently, i bought a Radial Engineering EXTC-Stereo for some proper reamp and "re-effect" action..
When i try to reamp my targeted track (lets say a guitar clip) in the context of the mix, my outboard pedals etc seem to be applied to every other track of the project..
I guess it has to do with the configuration of the output matrix of Auria Pro..
I am also a little confused because Allen ZEDi10 FX seems to have three different output options from which i send the signal to Radial EXT-Stereo (Aux out, Monitors out, FX out). :roll:
If someone could give me some specific advice for what i should do, it would be much appreciated! :)

Phil999
Expert

Re: Reamping using Allen & Heath ZEDi10FX as interface

Post by Phil999 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:00 am

the easiest way is to solo the guitar track. With this method you don't have to deal with the output matrix, and you have good control over the effect. I'm not familiar with the interface you are using, maybe it does only have one stereo output. If it has more, then route the guitar track to an additional output and send this output to the amp.

iliasaek

Re: Reamping using Allen & Heath ZEDi10FX as interface

Post by iliasaek » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:21 am

Thanks for the answer!
In fact, that is exactly what I do..I mute all the other instruments and I reamp my chosen guitar (for example) with great success..but I guess it would be nicer to be able to do some tweaking in real time, as I hear the guitar in the context of the full mix! (as soon as I am able to NOT apply the pedals etc to the rest of the MIX)
My interface has at least one extra output stereo line..