Missing midi notes

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Katapult

Missing midi notes

Post by Katapult » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:06 pm

Hello.
My project was crashing. I was able to find the responsible app. After deleding the app I was able to load the project, but all the midi notes are gone. the tracks are visible but the notes are not. Does anybody know if there is a way to recover the mididata? Greetings, tom

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Missing midi notes

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:15 am

FWIW here is what happened. The app/plugin was causing the project to crash so you exited Auria, deleted the app/plugin from your iPad then started Auria and loaded the project and the midi data was not there. The cause is it was never saved properly to the project due to the crashes prior to deleting the app/plugin from your iPad . So the answer is no you cannot recover metadata on any iOS app that I know of and that’s because that data is not accessible by the app users only to the developer. Good luck.

Katapult

Post by Katapult » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:19 am

Thanks for the answer Anthony. Befor the crash I exported a copy of the project to dropbox. Does a savety-copy not include midi data? Greetings, tom

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:49 am

Technically it should however not if the midi data itself had not been updated to the project. Auria saves all the project data when you close the app but in your case I don’t think the midi data was saved to the project especially if you had just recorded the midi for the first time in the project. Not much help I know but it’s all I can come up with. When it comes to midi and audio editing Auria has some serious ghosts in the code. Just my own experience. Cheers.