XR-18 / Auria App Switching Problem

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rik

XR-18 / Auria App Switching Problem

Post by Rik » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:16 pm

Hi, new to Auria and this forum but have extensive DAW experience. I am using Auria to multitrack record band rehearsals and gigs using the Behringer XR-18.

Ref video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9C5Jk4EgnM

When I am playing back a recording made on Auria through the Aux return on the XR-18, the audio stops if I switch apps over to the XAir app to make any adjustments on its mixer. The audio resumes when I return to Auria.

This doesn’t happen for Brian (the YouTube Auria/XR-18 user in the above referenced video). He seamlessly switches between the Auria and XAir apps whilst playing back audio through the XR-18 with no interruption to audio playback, as I would expect.

Though its a minor issue, it does causes irritating extra tapping and the stopping and starting of audio if volume changes are needed. This ought to be a standard requirement for the use of these two apps together and appears to have been in place in the past, though the video example of this working is five years old so maybe something changed in app and/or iOS updates.

I’ve looked on the Auria settings, as well as the iOS settings, to see if there is something that can be changed to solve this problem but I can’t find anything in either.

Am I missing something or is this just the way it is. Would love to hear from other Auria/XR-18 users if they have come across this issue and if there’s a work around.

Thanks
Rik

Auria Pro (upgraded in-app from Auria)
iPad 9th generation,
iOS 15.5
Behringer XR-18
XAir

Hulk

Re: XR-18 / Auria App Switching Problem

Post by Hulk » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:57 am

Hi Rik,
I think what you are looking for is in Auria Settings—> App Background Audio Mode. As far as I remember, ifyou set it to on, audio should continue to play when you switch apps.

Cheers

Rik

Re: XR-18 / Auria App Switching Problem

Post by Rik » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:39 am

Hi Hulk,

Thank you so much, that’s working fine now!

Rik