AUv3 doesn’t work on Aux FX

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MikeSparrow
Expert

AUv3 doesn’t work on Aux FX

Post by MikeSparrow » Sun May 17, 2020 1:43 am

I noticed that none of AUv3 is working when on AuxFX - strangely it only happened on few sessions out of many.

The workaround is to create a stereo track and select input as auxiliary previously used, this will automatically enable the effect - however this will also bring in some unwanted clicks and cracking noise when working on 44kHz sessions similarly when using buses.

Any idea of what could be causing it?

Cheers

[EDIT]
This only seems to affect projects with 44kHz, going over all my projects on my iPad it seem like all sessions in 48kHz are working fine...

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: AUv3 doesn’t work on Aux FX

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:29 am

MikeSparrow wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:43 am
I noticed that none of AUv3 is working when on AuxFX - strangely it only happened on few sessions out of many.

The workaround is to create a stereo track and select input as auxiliary previously used, this will automatically enable the effect - however this will also bring in some unwanted clicks and cracking noise when working on 44kHz sessions similarly when using buses.

Cheers

[EDIT]
This only seems to affect projects with 44kHz, going over all my projects on my iPad it seem like all sessions in 48kHz are working fine...
Can you post a screenshot or video or more detailed instructions for reproducing the issue?

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Sun May 17, 2020 10:45 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:29 am
MikeSparrow wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:43 am

Cheers

[EDIT]
Can you post a screenshot or video or more detailed instructions for reproducing the issue?
Sure, so I tried to reproduce the issue from a scratch, but somehow it didn’t really work. Strangely enough when I loaded a track in 44khz it worked fine but when I added another track it didn’t? Strange...I have no idea what could be affecting it.

Have a look at some other sessions that are already affected hopefully this will help you understand the issue better

https://www.dropbox.com/s/muq8za1pqn60q ... 5.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shr42vz2vjpoy ... 3.MP4?dl=0

Cheers

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon May 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Is your iPad running at 48k?

If it only happens on projects that use 44.1kHz files, do you have the problem if you set your audio sample rate to 44.1 kHz?

I wonder if the issue is related to the session and hardware sample rates being different.

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Mon May 18, 2020 11:54 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:13 pm

If it only happens on projects that use 44.1kHz files, do you have the problem if you set your audio sample rate to 44.1 kHz?

I wonder if the issue is related to the session and hardware sample rates being different.
All of the files I’m working with are 44.1khz but because of some issues that are apparently Apple audio core related I have moved to 48kHz where Auria pro automatically changes the sample rate of the tracks to fit the session.

I guess for now all we can do is wonder, this seems so far like a random bug.

[EDIT]
So...I have been experimenting and I have converted the tracks from 44.1kHz to 48kHz (same session where AuxFX previously didn’t work), and to my surprise sample rate made no difference...to take it even further I loaded another track from another session and the AuxFX worked??? But only on this single track??? :shock:

Can please someone explain why is this happening?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fj97o98m75k3p ... 3.mov?dl=0

Is the problem somehow coded into the audio track??

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Tue May 19, 2020 6:14 am

MikeSparrow wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 11:54 pm
Espiegel123 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:13 pm

All of the files I’m working with are 44.1khz but because of some issues that are apparently Apple audio core related I have moved to 48kHz where Auria pro automatically changes the sample rate of the tracks to fit the session.

I guess for now all we can do is wonder, this seems so far like a random bug.

[EDIT]
So...I have been experimenting and I have converted the tracks from 44.1kHz to 48kHz (same session where AuxFX previously didn’t work), and to my surprise sample rate made no difference...to take it even further I loaded another track from another session and the AuxFX worked??? But only on this single track??? :shock:

Can please someone explain why is this happening?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fj97o98m75k3p ... 3.mov?dl=0

Is the problem somehow coded into the audio track??
I think I have figured it out...it only affects tracks that are mono...I’m assuming that every effect on AuxFX is stereo, so when mono track Is send via aux there is some obvious glitch thats happening only when using AUv3.

First workaround is to create a stereo bus, send mono track there and then send stereo track to aux.

Second workaround is to create stereo track and insert aux there.... :roll: