Trouble loading project

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

joeredamoney

Trouble loading project

Post by joeredamoney » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:18 pm

Greetings,
I had auria freeze/ crash. When I try to load the project I was working on, I get the message "this project contains more tracks than your version of Auria supports" I've gone to the store and restored purchases. I don't get it. When I go to settings, it shows Auria Pro Version 2.25
Anyone?
Thanks,
Joe
Last edited by joeredamoney on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

joeredamoney

Re: Trouble loading project

Post by joeredamoney » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:50 am

joeredamoney wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:18 pm
Greetings,
I had auria freeze/ crash. When I try to load the project I was working on, I get the message "this project contains more tracks than your version of Auria supports" I've gone to the store and restored purchases. I don't get it. When I go to settings, it shows Auria Pro Version 2.25
Anyone?
Thanks,
Joe

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 am

Sounds like your project might have gotten corrupted. Have you tried restoring from a snapshot? Auria automatically creates snapshots every 10 minutes. Otherwise, I suggest completely deleting the app and reinstalling.

Rim

KevinMcL

Post by KevinMcL » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:04 pm

I am having a similar issue. When trying to load a project it just freezes with the progress bar moving a tiny bit and stopping. I saved it to files and deleted and reinstalled auria to free up memory and still the same thing. It seems like the file might be corrupted or unloadable for some reason. Is there any way to save a file like this?

It’s kind of an important project.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 pm

KevinMcL wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:04 pm
I am having a similar issue. When trying to load a project it just freezes with the progress bar moving a tiny bit and stopping. I saved it to files and deleted and reinstalled auria to free up memory and still the same thing. It seems like the file might be corrupted or unloadable for some reason. Is there any way to save a file like this?

It’s kind of an important project.
Follow the steps on this page to use an older snapshot

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=auri ... g_projects

KevinMcL

Post by KevinMcL » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Your advice is truly appreciated and I’ve got Audiobus up and running. I see all the files in the project. Please forgive me but I’ve never used Audiobus before. What button do I press to copy the snapshot to the first level of the folder? None of the button choices seem to be accomplishing the goal. It looks like if all else fails I can import all the individual track files over to a new project but that seems like the long way around. Your help is truly appreciated!!!!!

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:38 am

KevinMcL wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:30 pm
Your advice is truly appreciated and I’ve got Audiobus up and running. I see all the files in the project. Please forgive me but I’ve never used Audiobus before. What button do I press to copy the snapshot to the first level of the folder? None of the button choices seem to be accomplishing the goal. It looks like if all else fails I can import all the individual track files over to a new project but that seems like the long way around. Your help is truly appreciated!!!!!
Long press on the files name and a popup menu appears that lets you move the file.

KevinMcL

Post by KevinMcL » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:51 pm

That did it. The file came up! It’s weird the original file works as well as the copied and doctored version. There seems to be more wrong with it. Not far from the end, the audio just kind of dies and no longer matches the waveforms displayed. I wonder if this is because the last snapshot is no longer in the snapshot folder. With your help I have way more than I would have had that’s for sure! Thanks

Additional info: I closed the project and created a new one by importing all the individual .wav files from audio share into a new project to see if additional audio would be there, it wasn’t. But then when I came back to the original “fixed project, all the editing I had done was gone, and the file was back in its unedited form. Very weird, I’ve never had changes not be saved automatically before.... hmmmmmmm