AUv3 apps not working with Audiobus to Auria Pro

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

playinmyblues

AUv3 apps not working with Audiobus to Auria Pro

Post by playinmyblues » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:55 pm

After beating my head against the wall for a couple of hours, I went back to something I knew I had working - using the Korg ARP Odyssei to Auria Pro using the Audio part of Audiobus 3.

I armed the track, made sure the Input Matrix was good, got an audio signal showing up on the Auria Pro audio editing screen, and recorded a few bars at 72 bpm.

Once that was working, I went back to test some AUv3 apps. Magellan 2 and Eventide Blackhole are such apps. They do not work using Audiobus 3 to send audio to Auria Pro. Audiobus claims to handle AUv3 apps and Auria Pro says it has Au support.

Is AU different from AUv3? Is there something I am missing?

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: AUv3 apps not working with Audiobus to Auria Pro

Post by Espiegel123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:03 pm

playinmyblues wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:55 pm
After beating my head against the wall for a couple of hours, I went back to something I knew I had working - using the Korg ARP Odyssei to Auria Pro using the Audio part of Audiobus 3.

I armed the track, made sure the Input Matrix was good, got an audio signal showing up on the Auria Pro audio editing screen, and recorded a few bars at 72 bpm.

Once that was working, I went back to test some AUv3 apps. Magellan 2 and Eventide Blackhole are such apps. They do not work using Audiobus 3 to send audio to Auria Pro. Audiobus claims to handle AUv3 apps and Auria Pro says it has Au support.

Is AU different from AUv3? Is there something I am missing?
Is there a reason that you aren’t loading Magellan and Blackhole inside Auria?

Can you screen record your setup and demo the problem?

playinmyblues

Post by playinmyblues » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:37 am

My own lack of knowledge on how this app works is the biggest reason why I cannot get things to work properly.

It was easy enough to get the Odyssei app to make some sounds and record with Auria Pro so I hoped I could use that same method with Magellan 2. I am going to have to read the manual. I had read a little of it but I can usually figure things out on my own. There are too many settings to do that effectively with this app.

That is not a bad thing in this case. I realize that the constraints of the iPad limit the way it is used in some aspects.

There was another issue regarding Auto-Punch but that is for another post.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:10 am

playinmyblues wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:37 am
My own lack of knowledge on how this app works is the biggest reason why I cannot get things to work properly.

It was easy enough to get the Odyssei app to make some sounds and record with Auria Pro so I hoped I could use that same method with Magellan 2. I am going to have to read the manual. I had read a little of it but I can usually figure things out on my own. There are too many settings to do that effectively with this app.

That is not a bad thing in this case. I realize that the constraints of the iPad limit the way it is used in some aspects.

There was another issue regarding Auto-Punch but that is for another post.
About Odyssei: you don't need Audiobus to use Odyssei.

Any AUv3 can be loaded directly into Auria Pro. On a MIDI track, tap the instrument pop-up to see a list of all the AUv3 and IAA instruments. Just pick them from there. You will get better performance loading them directly if there is no compelling reason to use another host. Odyssei is available there, too.

playinmyblues

Post by playinmyblues » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Espiegel123 thanks for the tip.