KV331 Synthmaster Player causing issues

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Psamber

KV331 Synthmaster Player causing issues

Post by Psamber » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:54 pm

I’ve been working on a project with several issues:

1) it can’t mixdown - just freezes and the cancel button does nothing.

2) when the project is loaded, I can’t load anything else. The app just freezes when trying to load a new or different project. I have to manually close the app, and cancel reloading the project when I open the app back up to move forward.

There’s a track using KV331 synthmaster player that I believe is causing the issue. When I change the instrument to Lyra, the above problems go away.

Incidentally, this track has also been having an issue where the preset won’t save when the app is reloaded. It always loads the default preset. Not sure if this is related.

Finally, the project file was corrupted when the app updated and I haven’t been able to load it since. I had to rebuild the whole thing from scratch. Not sure if this track was the issue, but none of the snapshots would load either. They all just crash the app. If you have any ideas on how I can recover I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: KV331 Synthmaster Player causing issues

Post by Rodolfo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:05 pm

I had a similar issue on a project and after several hours of research I found that the MIDI data on the track was causing the issue.
I had imported several MIDI tracks from a Cubasis 2 MIDI export, and for some reason there were several CCs with pan, volume and some other information that I had never inserted on the Cubasis project, but I believe they were inserted during the export process.
But the worst thing causing Auria Pro to freeze when bouncing the track with Synthmaster Player on it was a Program Change message at the middle of the track. When I deleted that PC message and all the other CCs the track and the project rendered fine.
Rodolfo

Psamber

Re: KV331 Synthmaster Player causing issues

Post by Psamber » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:46 am

This is really interesting. I didn’t import the midi data from another program, however I did copy and paste it from a different track. I wonder if I’m having a similar issue.

Maybe if I record the track from scratch it will work.
Thanks for your help.