Record the busses

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Record the busses

Post by Rodolfo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:37 am

I second the proposal. There are a few posts in the forum with people asking how to record audio from other channels.
Being able to record audio from other track or even the buses or aux channels in realtime is something that can be easily done in BM3 in IOS (even in AUM too) and in most DAWs in the desktop. For some reason Auria limits the track recording to Mic (audio inputs) or Master only.

Roulian

Post by Roulian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:48 am

Rodolfo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:37 am
I second the proposal. There are a few posts in the forum with people asking how to record audio from other channels.
Being able to record audio from other track or even the buses or aux channels in realtime is something that can be easily done in BM3 in IOS (even in AUM too) and in most DAWs in the desktop. For some reason Auria limits the track recording to Mic (audio inputs) or Master only.
👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

gobo

Post by gobo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:59 pm

Roulian wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:05 am
So please, make the busses as available inputs in recording mode in Auria. To me it's a bug.
Yes, to me it's a bug also, but apparently Rim doesn't see it that way.

Without using Audiobus (Edit: and without recording midi), it seems to be impossible to multitrack using iOS apps.

Or am I overlooking something (obvious)?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:30 pm

While this is certainly not a bug LOL ;) it is a good idea, and something to consider for a future update. It's just not something I thought anyone would use when I wrote the bussing code.

Rim

gobo

Post by gobo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:58 am

Thank you, Rim.
Yes my language was imprecise: what's by design is not a bug ;)

Thanks for considering making busses available as recording sources. :D

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:54 pm

Rim wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:30 pm
While this is certainly not a bug LOL ;) it is a good idea, and something to consider for a future update. It's just not something I thought anyone would use when I wrote the bussing code.

Rim
Please add this. It would be very useful for recording certain kinds of live manipulations of a track. Today, it would have been very useful for me.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:51 am

The only way to do this within Auria is to use your Audio Interface. So lets say you want to record a track that has been assigned as a bus input track. Set the output of that buss track to a hardware output of your audio interface. Now take a 1/4”jack cable and connect it from that output back into an audio input of your audio interface. Create a new track in AuriaPro and set the input to be the one your cable is connected to. The new track will now record everything your doing in real time without ever putting any buss track into record mode. AuriaPro mixer function are like a real mixing console. Even software has to have a logical wiring system or you risk creating internal loop feedback of audio. Audiobus is nothing more than that, a software patchbay. It helps to have a 4 channel audio interface to do this easily. Goodnight

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:43 am

You can record buses in any major DAW, some of them even provide protection to avoid any possible feedback.
This is something standard in today’s software.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:52 am

Rodolfo wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:43 am
You can record buses in any major DAW, some of them even provide protection to avoid any possible feedback.
Maybe we should ask for everything a desktop daw offers for our 4 gig of ram iPads! I mean for our $50 we really deserve everything. You want to rewrite the buss code when I just described how easy it is to do this. Really?

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:04 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:52 am
Rodolfo wrote:
Maybe we should ask for everything a desktop daw offers for our 4 gig of ram iPads! I mean for our $50 we really deserve everything. You want to rewrite the buss code when I just described how easy it is to do this. Really?
I’m free to ask for whatever I consider important to make Aura Pro a better software than what already is.
And you are free to consider it useless.
Cheers.

P.S. (BM3 and AUM can do it)

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:15 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:52 am
Rodolfo wrote:
Why the attitude? This is not an esoteric feature even on iOS. In case you missed this aspect: you can already route the audio this way just not when recording.

Record-enabling a track shouldn't change a track's input source. If a track is of a type that can record, record-enabling should keep the input already assigned.