iCloud Drive Support

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

viewfromthehil

iCloud Drive Support

Post by viewfromthehil » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:13 pm

Are there any plans in the future to suppport importing/exporting audio via iCloud Drive?

theconnactic
Expert

Re: iCloud Drive Support

Post by theconnactic » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:39 pm

If there is Files.app support in the future, iCloud drive support will be there, at least if you are on iOS 11.

viewfromthehil

Post by viewfromthehil » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:17 pm

theconnactic wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:39 pm
If there is Files.app support in the future, iCloud drive support will be there, at least if you are on iOS 11.
Yeah, I understand that. I guess I should amend my question then. Is there any plan to add iCloud Drive/files.app support for importing/exporting audio?

inflam52

Post by inflam52 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:32 pm

I'd like to know about plans for iCloud Drive support as well. I'd like to purchase Auria Pro but Files app/iCloud support is pretty critical to my workflow. Any idea when on plans for this?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:37 pm

The Files App is fully compatible with Auria Pro. iCloud can be accessed from Files to work with backup/restore of Auria Pro Files but at this time, there are no plans to have iCloud directly integrated into the Auria Pro app like DropBox.

inflam52

Post by inflam52 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Thanks Corey! I just purchased Auria Pro so I'm testing out my workflow. I can access the Auria files in the Files app but I can't see a way to access any files (outside of Auria files) while inside Auria. Is the only way to import files from iCloud to copy them into the Auria folder or am I missing something?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:23 am

When you are working in the Apple Files app, anything you move into the Auria documents folder will be available to access right in Auria via the 'Import File' or 'Load Project' Menu

'documents' is the root folder for any iOS app, Auria's is at Files App> On My iPad> Auria (folder)

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:02 pm

inflam52 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:48 pm
Thanks Corey! I just purchased Auria Pro so I'm testing out my workflow. I can access the Auria files in the Files app but I can't see a way to access any files (outside of Auria files) while inside Auria. Is the only way to import files from iCloud to copy them into the Auria folder or am I missing something?
You can use drag and drop. You can have Files up in slide over mode while Auria is launched to drag files into the open project. Be aware that when you do this, the event for the dragged file will be twice as long as it should. If you shorten the audio event's length it will snap to the correct length.