Video Import Upside Down Rotation

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

cliveluis

Video Import Upside Down Rotation

Post by cliveluis » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:54 am

Hi

Just want to bring this to your attention

When I import video from library, ( i have tried 3 videos), it imports it upside down, which really annoying ( since there is no basic rotation feature)

When i then export it with synced audio, it exports it UPSIDE DOWN

then i have to use third party app to rectify

cliveluis

Re: Video Import Upside Down Rotation

Post by cliveluis » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:48 am

anyone else with similar issues?

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Hi @cliveluis
I just tried with different video formats (.mov, .3gp, .mp4) but it’s working fine for me. I tried loading them from Dropbox and from Auria Pro folder, everything fine as usual.
iPad Air 2
IOS 12.3.1
AP v2.23

Rodolfo

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:39 pm

cliveluis wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:54 am
Hi

Just want to bring this to your attention

When I import video from library, ( i have tried 3 videos), it imports it upside down, which really annoying ( since there is no basic rotation feature)

When i then export it with synced audio, it exports it UPSIDE DOWN

then i have to use third party app to rectify
Could you post an example file people can download to try?

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:44 am

I'm having the same problem, if I use my iPad/iPhone to record video with front camera the image loads in Auria Pro upside down. However if I load the recording recorded using the rear camera everything seems fine. bizarre

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Fri May 08, 2020 6:03 pm

I reported the same problem recently in General Discussion and via the support line and was advised this is a bug that has been reported to the developer. Still waiting for an update on when this might be fixed? Very frustrating! I even managed to rotate the video so it plays upside down normally, assuming that when I imported it into Auria from Dropbox it would invert the video and play the right way up, but sadly not.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat May 09, 2020 10:22 am

To record a video from the front facing camera simply flip your iPad around so if your home button is normally on the right turn it around so that it is now on your left, then record the video and then save the video to a folder in Auria from the save to files app. Also know that this will not work with videos recorded in portrait mode as Auria only imports landscape video formats properly. This particular issue is not a bug but rather how iOS stores a video using the front face camera while your iPad is in a particular rotation in relation to the home button. I'm sure Rim can get it figured out so that Auria also puts the video into proper rotation or a rotation feature added like was suggested. For now this is a quick fix. Just tested and the video loaded properly. Cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon May 11, 2020 8:50 am

I've got this on my list to investigate.

Rim

Reathpd

Post by Reathpd » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:24 pm

I understand your investigating. I have imported a video file which was used in a YouTube video. I used the org IO all file, imported to Auria and it right side up. After Exporting the video was upside down. I used LumaFusion to correct and export

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:33 am

This has been fixed in the last update. Auria will now use the orientation information which is embedded in the video (if it's present). If this info is not there, it's still possible for an imported video to be upside down (for example if it was filmed using an older phone).

Rim