COPY Paste

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

cliveluis

COPY Paste

Post by cliveluis » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:19 am

Hi

I cannot get Audio into Auria pro via "open in' "Copy to Auria pro" option
When i use this option, auria opens but nothing gets copied in menu

only audio copy/ general pasteboard seems to work

Any idea why "open" in does not work for Auria. The Files app option also works

Device : IPAD pro 2017

Corey W
Expert

Re: COPY Paste

Post by Corey W » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:56 am

What app are you trying to "Open In..." from?

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:19 am

I can confirm “Open in Auria Pro” from AudioShare and other apps is not working.

iPad Air 2
AP v2.23
IOS 12.3.1

Rodolfo

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:24 am

Corey W wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:56 am
What app are you trying to "Open In..." from?
FWIW, it has been broken for a long time. I haven't succeeded in ever getting it to work. I've tried from AudioShare, Files and Twisted Wave.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Got it. Thanks guys

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:05 pm

Rodolfo wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:19 am
I can confirm “Open in Auria Pro” from AudioShare and other apps is not working.

iPad Air 2
AP v2.23
IOS 12.3.1

Rodolfo
iOS has grown and now uses a file/folder desktop style of moving files around your iPad. Open in was really just copy and paste to the clipboard and was mostly used for iOS daws and samplers and dj apps. So the proper way to transfer files from AudioShare goes as follows.

1. In AuriaPro select import file from the menu and tap New Folder and name this folder AudioShare Imports or whatever name you would like.This folder is now always ready to accept files from Audioshare and will remain in your import files directory so you only create this folder once.You can exit AuriaPro if you want or leave it open.

2. In AudioShare select the file you want to transfer and tap the file transfer icon and select Save to Files, select AuriaPro and tap AudioShare Imports folder that you created. Tap Add.
You will now find the file in the import audio directory in your custom named folder in AuriaPro.

As cliveluis mentioned that the save to files works because it is the proper way to transfer files into an iPad daw. What most forget is to create a folder in AuriaPro that is always ready for an import from whatever app you are transferring from. If you already know this than great.

Get used to this as open in and IAA will not be available soon in iOS. iPadOS will be a drag and drop file transfer system.
Cheers and enjoy your AuriaPro.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi Anthony, thank you for your detailed comments as they will be very useful for a lot of people. As you mentioned, I already knew this “workaround”, but what I didn’t know was that in the upcoming OS the “open in” is not going to be available. I really hope Apple finally improves the IOS file system as it is really unintuitive for most people. However, although IAA has been officially deprecated, I guess it will still be around for some time as other deprecated technologies.

The issue is that the “open in” does work in other DAWs (i.e. Cubasis) and most users will point this as a bug (this has been broken for a long time in AP) so I believe Auria Pro could be easily patched to at least receive the file as other apps do without having to use “workarounds” since most people find the current IOS file system difficult to assimilate.

Cheers!
Rodolfo

cliveluis

Post by cliveluis » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:49 am

Well its strange, "open In" works for other apps like Cubasis for example
Also to note while using pasteboard ( the filename is lost)

Good to know it was broken for a while, i thought it was Apple/my IPAD bug, LOL
Will use the Files method

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:59 am

Yes Rudolfo iPad OS has many redundancies when it comes to music production. Open in is one of them. The save to files is no longer the workaround and operates much like a desktop. iPad OS will take the save to files a step closer to a dsesktop. As you know there is no such thing as Open In on a desktop daw or a desktop OS. The fact that Open In still works in other iPad daws does mean that this function is broken in AuriaPro but is it really a needed fix when the new iPad OS wont use this function. Everythng in iOS audio production has been a workaround since its inception in 2011 compared to a well established computer based Daw. So finally the iPad speed and power can handle a better music production experience but it is still far from a desktop. Auria has always been a very stable app up until iOS 7. Before that one could not crash Auria on an iPad 4 and iOS 6. Since then it has been iOS that has caused so much strain on the developers combined with a user base demanding desktop features on a non desktop device. AuriaPro delivered n these demands but iOS did not. Other iOS daws grew more slowly with locked systems meaning you can not do too many workarounds. AuriaPro allowed me to complete what I wanted to do because it has open ended features. I never saw them as workarounds but rather revealing AuriaPros strengths. Personally I really enjoy knowing all of AuriaPros hidden features and since I use them everyday they dont seem so hidden. I will admit however that I am not pleased with AuriaPros midi editing and device routing as well as the mixdown or bounce in place of a track. Cheers mate.