Grid Snapping...anyone else having problems?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rusko
Expert

Grid Snapping...anyone else having problems?

Post by Rusko » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:59 pm

lately, auria's been a mess of crashing and general weirdness.

a thing messing up workflow--almost impossibly--is unfunctional snapping. the following aren't always-always (but close).

[re-creating a fresh project simply isn't feasible due to complexity.]

for audio blocks:
--won't snap to cursor ( h u g e , since it's sometimes the last/only resort in placing something accurately)

--won't snap to events; neither end

--sometimes NO division seems snappable-to-able.

help! ;)

Rusko

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Grid Snapping...anyone else having problems?

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:05 pm

I'm not aware of any issues regarding snapping. Could you please provide step by step instructions for me to follow? I'd love to reproduce any issues you might be having so I can fix them.

Crashing also should not be happening. Please let me know exactly what to do in order to make Auria crash (it works great for me here).

Thanks,
Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 am

Rim, there is indeed an issue with snapping - I never experienced it so dramatically as @rusko, but sometimes regions fail to snap properly when dragged, usually for a few samples. Usually, cutting the region and pasting it at the intended place will do the job, but not always. In fact, I remember we talked about it before, and you said you were aware of it but hadn’t found a solution at the time. There’s even a topic or two about it in the Bugs section of the forum. Not something that would make me stop using Auria, but I look forward to a reliable, sample accurate region snapping in the future.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:34 am

Here’s one of the topics I was talking about: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15435

Rusko
Expert

Post by Rusko » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:03 pm

hiya- -

thanks for posting this. it's always good to know you're not alone when things digital start behaving according to the laws of...magic!

Rusko

theconnactic wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 am
Rim, there is indeed an issue with snapping - I never experienced it so dramatically as @rusko, but sometimes regions fail to snap properly when dragged, usually for a few samples. Usually, cutting the region and pasting it at the intended place will do the job, but not always. In fact, I remember we talked about it before, and you said you were aware of it but hadn’t found a solution at the time. There’s even a topic or two about it in the Bugs section of the forum. Not something that would make me stop using Auria, but I look forward to a reliable, sample accurate region snapping in the future.

Rusko
Expert

Post by Rusko » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:32 pm

hiya, Rim--

i'm going to do some basic QA test re: crashing and snapping. see if i can reproduce the problems.

as far as the crashing: i've been using auria daily, for hours, for the past 3 weeks. at various times, auria's crashed a couple of times an hour...and always a couple of times per day. just checked analytics: in july alone, i've had 27 crashes on 10 different days. there have been 4 cpu_resorce_fatal during 3 separate days. (oddly, Analytics isn't showing any over the past 10 days, though there have been a lot.)

almost the whole time period i'm referring to has been using Audiobus3 with auria routed as output, and Bias Amp 2 as input (no middle-slot 'effect' used). also, 99.9% of auria's insert/aux fx IAA's have been FabFilters and PSPs.

ipad pro 12.9", 256gb
ios 11.4.1 (since last wednesday or thurs; the previously latest 10.?.? before that)
Focusrite iTrack Dock (no end of problems with that lovable little bugger, btw: constant crackling and loss of audio/connection).

i'll get back to you after my testing, when i know (even!) more.

:)
Nick Rusko-Berger

p.s. i sent 2 or 3 automated bug reports yesterday. my thing about those is that i'm almost always using Airplane Mode since (even hooked up to power) my ipad pro's battery runs down like crazy with auria...so i'm rarely online during a crash. would copy/pasting the apple analytics reports of the crashes help if i sent those to you?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:59 am

Absolutely! Please send me reports if you have them. Would love to help track this issue down.

Rim

Rusko
Expert

Post by Rusko » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Rim- -

i've had no luck (usefully) replicating the slippery issue of not-snapping, unfortunately. the export-padding is so prevalent, i'm not sure how to approach it. some projects seem to do it, and others don't. that just strikes me as odd, in a non-systematic sense.

i can copy the analytics reports for you, though.

where should i send them?

Nick

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:20 am

Please send them to rim@drumagog.com

If you're able to find a reliable way to reproduce the issue, please let me know so I can follow the exact steps on my end.

Thanks,
Rim