ROLI Seaboard Block Compatibility

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Steve Rieck

ROLI Seaboard Block Compatibility

Post by Steve Rieck » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi, sorry if this is an obvious question but I could not find a clear answer… Is the ROLI compatible as a basic midi controller for Auria? I understand that certain MPE features may not work, but will Auria recognize it at all for midi input? Thanks for any help.

dougdi

Re: ROLI Seaboard Block Compatibility

Post by dougdi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:50 am

Yes, I just did a quick test and it does play midi instruments in Auria. I don't have experience doing this so I'm not aware of any quirks. I did need to connect first using the Noise app. I love the Seaboard Block, it's a game changer!

Steve Rieck

Post by Steve Rieck » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:01 am

Cool. THANK YOU !

andrik

Post by andrik » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 am

I also ran a test yesterday with the seaboard block 25 and I experienced some weird behaviour. The NOISE au plugin worked perfectly but when I used the seaboard with the Lyra sampler every keystroke seemed to have a vibrato/tremolo effect added.
I haven't had the time to investigate it any further, so not sure if it''s related to Auria or to the seaboard.

Oh and contrary to what Dougdi experienced,I did not have to connect the roli via NOISE first to get it to work in Auria.

andrik

Post by andrik » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:01 am

Yesterday I did some further testing with using the seaboard Block 25 in Auria pro and I must say that it behaves very erratic.
Using the Noise AU is really not an option..every time I record some midi notes using Noise, the first couple of notes are skipped...no clue why?

Using another AU resulted in strange behaviour where notes recorded notes were timed differently, or sustained longer then recorded.

All in all, I can conclude that:
- the NOISE AU is really, really bad..Even in Garageband using 2 instances (on a 12.9 inch Ipad pro) used to much resources).
- The Seaboard block 25 is not very reliable when recording in Auria pro..(playing is fine though). In Garageband it works a lot better.

Byeon

Post by Byeon » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:04 am

Hi. I’m seaboard block user too. I have a question. Can i use two seaboard block for 49key in auria pro? I really want to play like it.