lost parts of recording

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

willie

lost parts of recording

Post by willie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:19 am

:(

Yesterday i record our rehearsal. Following hardware wire up:
iPad Air 2, Behringer UMC1820, Behringer ADA8200. 16 (of 18 possible) Channels are used.
10 for Drums, 3 for Vocals, 3 for the other instrument
On the iPad i started AUM and Auria Pro. With AUM i split the 3 Voc input Channels, because the Vocals go to our Monitor system, too. With Auria pro i didn't get this working. But that's another Storie.

On our rehearsal I started and stopped recording several times. It was a new project.
(The project data can be send on demand, just only about 8,4GB)
Today i just crawled thru the project and found that some channels recordings were empty. Not on every recording but some times.
i can't see any pattern. The vocals (on channel 3-5) are only present on the first to third recording.
Guitar never, keyboard start recording on 7'th recording, bass recordings are ok (all on the 1820 Interface)
On the other interface (AD8200) for Drums only are the tracks sometimes empty sometimes not.
You can see this on the screenshot.
2018-01-17X15.14.59.png
What's going wrong?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: lost parts of recording

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Sounds like some kind of hardware issue to me. Are you using a sync cable between the AD8200 and your audio interface? Maybe it's loosing sync at some point. One has to be set to master and the other slave.

Rim

willie

Re: lost parts of recording

Post by willie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 am

The ADA is sync with the UMC via optical Cable and was always locked. The channels with problem where mixed, not only on the UMC or the ADA.
Last rehearsal I had a similar problem but only with two channels. And after some recordings everything was ok.
Any other ideas? Some other tips what i can control?