Any DAW import Auria projects?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ficelles

Any DAW import Auria projects?

Post by ficelles » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:37 am

Just wondering, is there any OS/X DAW that will import Auria projects? I know I can just import the WAV files, but I want the timeline positioning at least...

Auria for OS/X would be great :)

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Any DAW import Auria projects?

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Auria can export a project as an AAF file. This is a standard project format which most desktop DAWs can import (Pro Tools, Logic, Digital Performer, Nuendo, Cubase, Sonar, etc). Keep in mind that one fader positions, region positions and fader automation are supported by the AAF standard.

Rim

Rim

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Don’t forget Mixbus and Waveform (formerly Tracktion)! These are my two favorites right now though they are often skipped.

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Mixbus in particular, is actually quite similar to Auria. Both Auria and Mixbus are based upon a modeled analog console. Instead of assembling the plugins that you need to design an audio chain for a particular project, you begin much where you would in a 1980s recording studio with a multitrack recorder and an excellent mixing console with a patch bay and access to standardized external plugins.

By the way, in addition to Mixbus, Harrison Consoles makes some of the best mixing consoles on the planet. The console in Mixbus is modeled directly on two of these consoles.

ficelles

Post by ficelles » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:44 pm

It doesn't look like Mixbus can import AAF though... or maybe I've missed it.

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Mixbus is actually made in cooperation with an open sourc DAW called Ardour. Mixbus adds their mixer console to the otherwise open source Ardour. There is a program called Ardour Exchange which adds OMF/AFF I Port and export to Mixbus, and once it is installed it acts like part of the program.

http://www.avtoolkit.co.uk

joeflyer59

Post by joeflyer59 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am

Just FYI - According to the fine print on the buy page for the App - it says “Logic Pr only supports embedded exports thru v9- Pro X does no longer support them”