Auria continually crashing

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Lonelypunk
Expert

Re: Auria continually crashing

Post by Lonelypunk » Mon May 08, 2017 6:53 am

I had the same problem with using midi. Auria corrupted the first 2 projects I did in auria. I filled out countless crash reports and started a long thread on here but couldnt resolve it. I strongly suspect it had something to do with tempo change or selecting and moving multiple midi notes at once as well if that helps? Definitely if i selected multiple notes to edit at once then strange things were happening for me which makes me think that could of be why my projects became corrupted.

I now use cubasis which I find much less painless to write midi in and I track audio innit as well then I've been transferring the audio stems and mix in auria so that I can use the fab filter and psp plugins. It's a shame as I do like auria but the constant crashing was giving me anger management issues. If the midi in auria was less buggy I'd probably exclusively use auria but now I'd have to rebuild confidence as getting many hours into a project and then suddenly not being able to open it anymore is not at all funny and definitely not good for my studio to wall or my knuckles

Edit: I should add I'm also using iPad Pro 9.7 dunno if that makes a difference or not?

I'm quite keen to see if this gets resolved

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue May 09, 2017 4:57 am

There's a memory leak or stack overflow or something as I get constant crashes on large projects. I send in the crash reports if there's time but mostly I'm keen to get on with mixing.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Thanks. I was able to find and fix a graphics bug today that caused crashing in certain cases when moving notes around, moving regions and other edit functions. It's possible that's what was causing the issue.

Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Wed May 10, 2017 12:30 am

Rim wrote:Thanks. I was able to find and fix a graphics bug today that caused crashing in certain cases when moving notes around, moving regions and other edit functions. It's possible that's what was causing the issue.

Rim
Thank you, really! This was precisely the only crashing situation I have been consistently experiencing. Moving or resizing a region - always an adventure! Glad it's about to get fixed!

pichi
Expert

Post by pichi » Wed May 10, 2017 2:06 am

Great news! Can't wait for the update.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed May 10, 2017 4:56 am

Rim wrote:Thanks. I was able to find and fix a graphics bug today that caused crashing in certain cases when moving notes around, moving regions and other edit functions. It's possible that's what was causing the issue.

Rim
Thats good news.

Have you looked at the other graphic issue with ipad pro optomized screen setting in the edit screen? If not, make a large project with 50+ tracks, then in the edit screen try selecting regions at the bottom of the projects and you find your finger has to touch above a region to select it. As the track count increases the alignment goes further and further out. try different vertical zoom settings. Totally reproducible.

Bobfossil1
Expert

Post by Bobfossil1 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 am

50 tracks? I should be so lucky. At 20 audio tracks I'm overloading.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 10, 2017 7:15 am

Thanks, I'll look into that, and if it's an easy fix I'll add it into the update as well.

Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Wed May 10, 2017 11:18 am

Rim wrote:Thanks, I'll look into that, and if it's an easy fix I'll add it into the update as well.

Rim
Hello Rim!
Could you see and test Auria can't sync start/stop some Apps (for example DRC, Moebius Lab) from IAA or audiobus
But Cubasis can make it

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 10, 2017 7:46 pm

That's on my list already to investigate, but it won't make it into this quick update.

Rim