Auria continually crashing

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Bobfossil1
Expert

Auria continually crashing

Post by Bobfossil1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:54 am

I've got an iPad Pro 9.7. Trying to do anything in auria is becoming increasingly impossible! Trying to add/alter effects, mixdown, move audio, bounce tracks, even pressing play is causing it to crash. The song I'm mixing at the moment has 26 (I think) tracks, all audio, no midi. About 5 of them are automated, and about 8 have plug in fx, mainly auria based (I bounced a load of other tracks with plugins to try and save cpu capacity). The only external plugin I'm using is a klevgrand multiband compressor. All other apps closed. The CPU meter is reading around 25-30%, and the max cpu fluctuates between 50-70%. Why are these constant crashes happening???

I did wonder whether it was to do with me using multiple instances of the same plugins - pro q 2, microwarmer and old timer. However - I thought the point of these was that you CAN use multiple instances?

AAARRRGGH!

HELP!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria continually crashing

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:57 am

If you're experiencing any crashing at all with Auria, there's something wrong. It's possible your project got corrupted. If you start with a new project, do you still experience any crashing? If so, please let me know the exact steps you took to make it crash.

Thanks,
Rim

Bobfossil1
Expert

Post by Bobfossil1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks Rim. Do I need to start from scratch or can I just import the wavs from the crashing project?

Cheers!

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:40 am

You can definitely run as many 'Auria' plugins as your CPU can handle. I regularly run 30-40 at a time on my iPad Pro without issue.

I would think it's unlikely that one of the wave files has been corrupted, so you should definitely import them. (If things go sideways after one is loaded, then that might be your problem...)

Bummer to have to recreate all your automation's and plug-in settings, but it's better than starting from scratch! (I would definitely try soloing up your files first and exporting the automated/eq'd versions to use as stems to build your new project).

King
Expert

Post by King » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 am

Before starting again, try loading different snapshots and see if you can get to an earlier uncurrupted version..

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Bobfossil1
Expert

Post by Bobfossil1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Haven't tried starting from scratch, but whatever it is, it's affecting all 15 of my current projects. Mainly, but not exclusively, when I try to mixdown to audioshare. Each time the following happens:

1st try: crashes immediately
2nd try: crashes after 10 seconds or so
3rd try: crashes right at the end of the process
4th try: generally works

It's driving me CRAZY!!!!!

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:38 pm

audio share mixdown works fine here and always has done. Have you tried deleting and then re-installing audioshare? (great app btw)

pichi
Expert

Post by pichi » Fri May 05, 2017 10:06 am

I'm having the same problem. I guess the only solution is to make stems and load into a new project?
Any other less drastic solutions?

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Fri May 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Possible workaround: instead of mixing down to AudioShare, mix down with the option "add as new track" selected, and when the track appears in your project, select it, then EDIT>Share>Export to AudioShare. Let me know if it works!

Bobfossil1
Expert

Post by Bobfossil1 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:33 pm

Audioshare isn't the problem for me. It crashes all the bloody time without mixing down! I'm sure there's an explanation for it, but I'm blown if I can work it out!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 07, 2017 8:36 pm

There's no reason Auria should be crashing for you. The only thing I can think of is there must be some issue with your particular project. If I create a new project here, and record some tracks, then do a mix down, I have no problems whatsoever, and no crashes.

If you can let me know exactly what steps you take starting from a new project to make Auria crash, I'd love to know. Perhaps there's a bug I don't know about, but at this point I can't get Auria to crash no matter what I try here when mixing down.

Rim

pichi
Expert

Post by pichi » Sun May 07, 2017 8:58 pm

It's a corrupted project for me. The problem is once my projects get to a certain stage they all seem to get corrupted. Perhaps I need to limit the number of tracks? What is the most likely reason for projects becoming corrupted?
Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 07, 2017 9:24 pm

It's likely that there's some action you're doing in all your projects that causes this to happen. Can you think of what that might be? For example, rearranging tracks, deleting tracks, using warping, specific kinds of midi editing, etc. There might be an obscure bug hidden somewhere in Auria that I haven't found yet, and when performing a specific function, it might be corrupting your project. This doesn't ever happen for me (or I would have fixed it), so I could use any help you can provide in terms of exactly which actions cause this to happen.

Thanks,
Rim

pichi
Expert

Post by pichi » Mon May 08, 2017 1:41 am

I do rearrange tracks quite a bit... However, one obvious issue is with adding tempo changes to the time line. The midi parts do not conform to the changes and no longer snap to the grid correctly.
I didn't have serious corruptions before working with midi, so the issue could be there somewhere.
I've also had problems with cutting and pasting, moving groups of regions. A project froze and crashed a lot whenever I tried to move a group of regions. In the current project zooming in or trying to move the time line causes it to crash.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon May 08, 2017 6:46 am

Thanks, I'll try to duplicate this here by creating a new project and playing around with zooming and tempo.

Rim