Has anyone updated to iOS 10?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Strizbiz
Expert

Has anyone updated to iOS 10?

Post by Strizbiz » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:21 am

Just wondering has anyone updated to iOS 10 yet and what their experience has been like not only with Auria but with music apps in general, korg, ik multimedia, arturia, positive grid, Moog, etc?
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Rudo
Expert

Re: Has anyone updated to iOS 10?

Post by Rudo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:39 am

I did. Everything works fine, korg gadget, sampletank, Roland Sound Canvas and even Auria Pro (except for IAA).
I didn't ecperience any difficulties what so ever.

Bartlinux
Expert

Post by Bartlinux » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Everything works fine, only auria, first class app. Not.
Because ios 10 comes to fast and nobody has testet auria with a beta.
But maybe in one week says rim.

Nobody nows after ios 9 comes the 10.

PS : little Tipp maybe comes apple one day with ios 11.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Im not in a hurry but I do see some apps already " require " IOS 10, like GarageBand which I do use a sketchpad sometimes, and I have to say, Im a longtime Apple user, but the latest update really doesnt have any must have features for me personally, I would have loved to hear more about performance improvements rather than all the texting stuff, Im just not amazed with anything for it to be version "10". I would really loved it if there were more integration with OSX and IOS audio and midi, like connecting the Ipad to the Mac and being able to record audio and midi back and forth , I know you can do it with Studiomux but its not as smooth as it could be, why isnt anyone at Apple thinking about that??????
If you could plug the Ipad into a Mac and being about to use your Mac audio units in Aruia or Cubasis while connected that would be CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Ipad Air2 128 gb

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:40 pm

Hope iOS 10 update comes sooner than later.

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:01 am

yes, DON't DO
OS9 .35 was nearly PERFECT
now Os10 is Apple best bug ever
LINKS between MOST IAA don't connect nor open tracks record as usual
IAA don't appear in Auria, while appearing in Audiobus MOST are REJECTED
Auria settings page "monitor audiobus" disappeared" USELESS still in Matrix out
restore purchases from Auria shop pretends SAMPLES (Lyra, Reverbs, drums ) restored what ...is not restored
keep on pushing " installed" give access to APP STORE OFFERING TO BUY back theses plug ins or samples
then offered for free the usual ( long downloaf)
as long as you disagree installing ICloud, your again verified CB gets rejected at verification, you cannot buy anymore
new apps,
but download already paid apps is still possible
that same CB CARD rejected by OS 10 keeps power to buy apps from iPad OS 9.35 !!!!
many reasons NOT TO UPDATE OS 10 as long as IAA don't work
i let u know after Auria and Audiobus updates if they KEEP their past compatibility with OS 9.35
In the Meantime UPDATE NONE .....
What a Pity...everything was so wonderful!!!!

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:02 pm

@mididrum ..... wow... that sounds like a nightmare, sheesh, I probably wont be updating to IOS 10 anytime soon, if theres an update to Auria I hope it doesnt force you to update to IOS 10 to use it!!!

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:44 pm

No Auria update will force you to update your iPad to iOS 10. However, once Auria 2.0.6 is released, it will be fully compatible with iOS 10 and there should be no further issues (that we can foresee).

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:00 pm

When can we expect this update, also when Auria get full AU would we be able to use the Apple AU that is embedded in iOS

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:04 pm

dear rim/corey
good luck if you get it
Os 10.2 updated to day
they understood bug forgetting "bonjour" was needed to call IAA after screened "OPEN agreement"
So AUDIOBUS INS (!) after Os 10.2 recovered access to most IAA
but...AURIA ( opening) still don''t open its usual rec access from Audiobus OUT
Settings ( Mine updated from Os10.1 ) still don't offer "Monitor from Audiobus" ( auria bug?)
and Auria IAA links offer don't screens any IAA ...disppeared !
worst from AUDIOBUS since....Os update 9.2 (!!!)
while he can OPEN IAAS mixer , ( ex AUM) NOW...it's the mixer ( AUM) who don't SEE /connect to AUDIOBUS

LOOKS LIKE dog head race running to catch his tail...
i mean who can trust OS 10 updating bugs ( not enough?) before IAA programmers can REALLY,update for sure?
So good news AURIA will keep on compatible with OS 9.5 the LAST OS matching All (?) IAA before BEST BUG OS10-1-2 !!!

Apple OS10 wants you TO CONNECT to iCloud , while users have GOOD reason NOT to connect ( Can use DROPBOX safe...)
Apple gets world payments exclusivity : WITHOUT icloud connected CB asked NEW authorisation? rejected by OS 10 ..!
: any CB syill (!) paying on ipads OS 9.5 gets PROHIBITED buying APP STORE on opad OS 10 ( NO icloud pre authorisation !!)
Looks like IAA freedom of connection not welcome by Apple promoting better iCloud exclusive LINK (spy) between IAAS...

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:25 pm

WTF? I dont find this thread particularily useful. I dont dig broken english ... Someone translate alright?

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:34 pm

What I also noticed is that the "select all" "delete" button etc. don't work. Also selecting a few notes in a track by drawing a square over the notes, don't work.

Has anybody noticed that too or is it just me?

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:38 am

Corey W wrote:No Auria update will force you to update your iPad to iOS 10. However, once Auria 2.0.6 is released, it will be fully compatible with iOS 10 and there should be no further issues (that we can foresee).
Great, so is there an eta on when the next update will drop?