Pro-C plug in says its $29.99 but check out prices $46.99.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

White Rabbit

Pro-C plug in says its $29.99 but check out prices $46.99.

Post by White Rabbit » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:54 am

Pro-C plug in says its $29.99 but when go to confirm the purchase it says it's $46.99.

I'm in Australia but all prices should be displayed in au$$$ right???

Need to check what I paid for verb and Eq now.

Washboy
Expert

Re: Pro-C plug in says its $29.99 but check out prices $46.9

Post by Washboy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:32 am

The Auria Store displays only US$ prices. As you've discovered, you only get to find out the price in your local currency (AUS$, in your case) if you initiate purchase. Then the Apple AppStore will inform you of the price in your local currency. For reasons unknown, it's always been that way in Auria.

White Rabbit

Post by White Rabbit » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:50 am

Thanks for chiming in.

That's pretty shit and misleading.
I've already bought the pro verb and pro cue and didn't even think to look at the checkout price because I've never needed to in all the years I've been an apple customer. When you buy something you expect it to be the price that it's advertised or a disclaimer stating that prices are in US dollars. Did I miss it somewhere?
Felling a little dirty at the moment like I've been takin for a ride and to top it off it looks like they are putting a little on top as well. Today's conversion it should only be $41 not $47.

Tell me I missed the disclaimer somewhere and I'll buy the plug tomorrow, otherwise you've had your last cent from me.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:10 am

Dont forget they also add any taxes you have to pay down under. I'm a Canadian and we pay 30% more than advertised then we pay an additional 12% taxes. That's 42% more than the advertised price on iTunes. This has nothing to do with Wavemachinelabs. This is how the iTunes store works. But on that sad note if you want to feel better just check out the Fabfilter desktop plugin price. You will find the Auria price much lower and it's the same plugin. Even though there is an Australian iTunes Store, when you purchase a plugin from within an app and the app is made in the USA as WavemachineLabs is from the USA, the inner app purchases will be in US dollars. Simply checking this forum with a search would reveal to you that the plugins are indeed in US dollars. Cheers.

White Rabbit

Post by White Rabbit » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:54 am

Yeah one of these days I'll learn to sit back, relax go get a beer and then with a calm and clear though process formulate a response. One day...

Having said that, it should be clearly stated that prices are in US dollars.

I bought the plug in and it's been an eye opener to me how in my rush to get the transaction done I just click OK. There are several times where it asks me to confirm the price yet I just sailed on through when I bought the reverb and the Q...