Load Project from DropBox

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Biggerbrew112

Load Project from DropBox

Post by Biggerbrew112 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:04 pm

My projects are not loading into auria from DropBox. It starts but then stops without and error message. I have plenty of disk space. Can you help? Thx.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Load Project from DropBox

Post by Rim » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:31 pm

Make sure you have a solid internet connection. Does this happen to all your DropBox saved projects, or just some of them?

Rim

Biggerbrew112

Post by Biggerbrew112 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:36 pm

I have a very good internet/wifi connection. I think this started with Auria Pro. I notice that the progress bar does not show like it used to. It starts then goes away. The project will eventually save to DropBox but it is very slow, and there is no indication that it has completed. Also, I see some sort of message flash briefly about compression/decompression. I don't recall seeing anything about decompression in the past (before Auria Pro). Mix downs to DropBox are also slow.

Biggerbrew112

Post by Biggerbrew112 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:36 am

I also uninstalled DropBox from my IPAD and PC then reinstalled them last night. Still slow.

Biggerbrew112

Post by Biggerbrew112 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Sorry, i did not reply directly to your question about whether it is all or some projects. It is slow with all my projects.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:00 pm

DropBox is inherently slow. The issue is you're sending massive audio data across a wifi connection, then across the internet. For example, a simple 8 track project with a length of 5 minutes can take 10 minutes to transfer over a typical internet connection.

Rim

Biggerbrew112

Post by Biggerbrew112 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:21 am

Thanks Rim. I understand the slow nature of DropBox as I used it extensively over past couple years. The issue is that my uploads to DropBox are taking way much longer than they did in the past, from the smallest projects to the largest. It is also strange that the status bar that shows progress of the upload has changed its behavior such that it flashes for a couple moments when it starts then goes away while the upload is obviously continuing in the background. BTW, is compression a new feature and is there a swith to turn it on/off? Thanks again.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:02 am

Auria doesn't compress of decompress any files while uploading to dropbox. However, if Auria ever sees a zip file in its main folder, it will automatically decompress it (for example if you copy a zip file into its main folder from your PC or Mac). Also any time you purchase something from the Auria store, it's usually compressed into a zip file, so you'll see Auria decompress it first. Auria also compresses projects while using the "save project to other app" feature, when using wifi or USB hard drives connected to your iPad.

Dropbox updated their SDK last year, so Auria 2.0 uses their new upload system. I haven't done any tests to compare, but it does seem a bit slower to me than the older SDK that was used in Auria 1.x. The main advantage is the newer upload system they wrote is much more reliable. It's impossible to go back, as Dropbox shut down support for their old SDK.

RIm