My Bad :-(

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ppaul
Expert

My Bad :-(

Post by ppaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Well I lost everything, with the update, Apple charged me again for the app, I didn't even update it, when 2.0 went online my iPad updated automatically, it froze, I rebooted the iPad and Auria disappeared I went to the App Store to re-download and Apple charged me again, lost all my in app purchases and all my songs and bits and pieces

Thanks
Last edited by ppaul on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Very Disappointed

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Very sorry to hear about that! The frustrating part of this is even after you upgrade your app, Apple will always still consider you to be an "Auria" customer, not Auria Pro. So keep this in mind if you ever need to reinstall the app. Otherwise, they'll gladly charge you for another app! This is the way the Apple system works, and it's been extremely frustrating on this end as well. More info about this if you're interested:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13601

Did you have an iCloud backup (or a manual backup) of your songs? I'm happy to help you through getting your inapp purchases back on your version. Let me know how I can help.

Rim

ppaul
Expert

Post by ppaul » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:03 pm

So, I originally got Auria LE then purchased in-app to the full version, over time got all the compressors, EQ pro some reverb IR files, Saturn, Hollywood drum loops, then when the email came about Auria 2.0 the app started to update, it froze. When the iPad rebooted the original Auria app disappeared, I went to the App Store to download and it charged me again, I restored in-app purchases but none of them reappeared, all my files gone, I not too worried about the riffs and song ideas but the in-app purchases added up if I could get them back it would be nice

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:13 pm

That's really odd. I can't imagine why an app would just "disappear" from your iPad. The only thing I can think of is somehow the automatic update failed while it was updating.

In any case, getting all your in-app purchases back should just be a matter of going in to the Auria Store inside Auria, and clicking the button at the top that says "Restore Purchases".

Make sure you're doing this on your Auria LE version. If you accidentally bought Auria Pro, delete than and install Auria LE, as that's what you originally bought. The icon should say "Auria LE". If it doesn't, you've got the wrong version installed and you won't be able to restore your purchases.

Rim

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:52 pm

My Auria app automatically updated to 2.0 as well but I'm gonna just sit here till things smooth out a bit. I'll probably just buy Auria Pro when I do.
PPaul, I'm guessing that after your auria app disappeared, you went to the App Store and downloaded auria vice auriaLE. Hence they don't think you have any in app purchases because auriaLE is a different app than you originally bought. You should be able to get a refund for the auria app from Apple and then start over with auriaLE. After you get it you'll have to then restore auria from within the auria LE app and I'm betting your auria in app purchases will then be available as well.
Good luck!
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

ppaul
Expert

Post by ppaul » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:26 am

Ok, looks like my bad, l didn't look at the app icon in AppStore and clicked on the Auria app not Auria LE which I've done now and got everything back including all the files.
So Rim gets a bonus. Im happy with the way Auria works, for me I don't need midi and the extras for now I'm just happy I got my in-app purchases back

DaveB
Expert

Post by DaveB » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:21 am

Glad you got that figure out. Perhaps you should change the title of this thread?

ppaul
Expert

Post by ppaul » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:01 am

DaveB wrote:Glad you got that figure out. Perhaps you should change the title of this thread?
Good point, done :-)