I Pad Pro is coming

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Steve White
Expert

I Pad Pro is coming

Post by Steve White » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:41 am

Hi Gang

I just saw that the I Pad Pro will be announced this afternoon! Yay! I'll be getting the fully loaded one as soon as they hit the store.

Steve

CEIsar
Expert

Re: I Pad Pro is coming

Post by CEIsar » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:42 am

Great that it's coming although i'm satisfied with (size and performance) the Air 2.I always have it with me in a small bag along a pair of headphones and with a Pro it wouldn't be that easy anymore.But anything that pushes more"pro's" into the creative part of the ios world is a good thing for sure :wink:

Almost all people that are listening to my stuff are still wondering "you did that with an iPad?Really?",too many people are still thinking about the iPad as a"toy".

It will be interesting to see if there are other enhancements on the pro instead of having just a bigger Air 2.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm in :D

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:07 pm

iPad Pro about twice as fast as the Air 2. Now I think there really is no excuse for freezing anymore :mrgreen:

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Auria Pro & iPad Pro......can't wait November :-)

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Yeah, looks real nice too! I wonder if it will fit into my Focusrite I Dock? The Air 2 fits but I had to wedge it in place with the backing foam that comes in the I Pad box. Either way, I'm getting it. Oh yes I am. :D

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:40 am

Just got an Air2 this year so I'm probably in for Pro2 or 3.... You guys make sure all the bugs are out ok?
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

ArmArnA
Expert

Post by ArmArnA » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:15 am

How will Auria performe in this new bigger environtment? Just wondering
"Jazz is not dead it just smells funny"

Nyanko
Expert

Post by Nyanko » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:50 am

I don't know about performance but the split screen is gonna be handy. Your favorite synth on the left, auria on the right and real time recording!

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:28 am

Nyanko wrote:I don't know about performance but the split screen is gonna be handy. Your favorite synth on the left, auria on the right and real time recording!
Does this work right out of the box?I mean"left/right"with apps that are not updated/scaled for this purpose?

The screen is exatcly twice the size of the Mini ipad so i assume you need to hold the pad in portrait mode if you want to use splitscreen with"non updated"apps.

But it's great nonetheless,even in portrait mode.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:14 pm

I dont think its going to fit the Focusrite iTrack. Is there a reasonably priced alternative?

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:25 pm

I don't know yet Gar I'll have to check with them.

Nyanko
Expert

Post by Nyanko » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:40 pm

CEIsar wrote:
Nyanko wrote:I don't know about performance but the split screen is gonna be handy. Your favorite synth on the left, auria on the right and real time recording!
Does this work right out of the box?I mean"left/right"with apps that are not updated/scaled for this purpose?

The screen is exatcly twice the size of the Mini ipad so i assume you need to hold the pad in portrait mode if you want to use splitscreen with"non updated"apps.

But it's great nonetheless,even in portrait mode.
Yes it's right out of the box. It's the new multithreading system and as you pointed out, it's gonna be like having two ipad mini next to each other and connected. I guess the app designers will have to take this into account when developping the UI.

And the aweome thing about Auria Pro is, it's gonna have a sequencer built in so no need of a third app like genome to make it work. And it's gonna be great to have your synths and effects appear on the screen together as well.

facej

Post by facej » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:01 pm

I just want to run Auria to record 18 tracks of audio at the same time as I run my Behringer XAIR software to be able to "adjust" my mixer (the audio source). If this works I would be thrilled to keep iPad-ing as opposed to any other multi-tasking method.

8)

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:44 pm

@Nyanko:thanks for the info.So far i could not see the Pro used"horizontal"split screen while in landscape mode.That means only apps that work in portrait mode as well are able to use the splitscreen (in landscape),right?In case of auria that would mean you can only use the mixer view while having,say,Filtatron on the other side?Too make it short,for apps that work only in landscape mode you have to hold the Pro in portrait mode and for apps that can work in portrait mode (as well) you can use the Pro splitscreen in landscape as well.Is that right or do i overlook something?I

'm a landscape only user,that wouldn't change much with Pro (mmh,well...maybe yes.I had a Mini Retina and while i like the bigger screen of Air 2 more,the mini was totally usable).I'm not sure how much effort small developer would/could put into adding portrait view to their apps though.MANY apps come to my mind that would need a lot of work,if they make sense in portrait at all.Some would lose their"close to the original"feeling like the whole Arturia Synths.I just can't see why many devs should do all this coding for free...most of us already own most of the apps we want/need anyway ;)

ah well...questions over quesstions,i'm excited to what might come (i have an Air 2,so i could use split as well)