Switching Dropbox Accounts

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

themaddog

Switching Dropbox Accounts

Post by themaddog » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello everyone,
I've started teaching a Music Production class at the high school where I work. The school department has ordered iPads and software, including Auria, as well as a number of recording interfaces for the students. However, the iPads will be used by a different student in each class - so of the 22 iPads we have, one student will use it in the first section, and another student will be using it in the second section.

Although not ideal, considering any school's budget challenges, this is still more than I ever expected a public school to be able to provide.

In experimenting with Auria, there is one feature I haven't been able to figure out. Auria interfaces very well with Dropbox, which will be great for students to be able to archive their work, or to export it out if they are fortunate enough to have an iPad or other DAW software at home. But is there any way to easily change Dropbox accounts within Auria, so that two students using the same ipad in two different classes will be able to use Dropbox for this purpose?

Thanks very much,
MD

martygras
Expert

Re: Switching Dropbox Accounts

Post by martygras » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:09 pm

You may have to create a communal Dropbox account for the students. I'm unable to answer your actual question though.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:26 am

Hi themaddog,
In Auria, you can navigate to Menu> Settings and then click on the DropBox logo on the bottom right of the screen.
Your students will then easily be able to log out and log in to their own DropBox account.

-Corey

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:11 am

Nice school!