Issue with some iOS synths and Auria channel insert

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Holiday

Issue with some iOS synths and Auria channel insert

Post by Holiday » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Loading iSEM as an insert on a channel the iSEM will crash in attempting to load. However if I close Auria and restart and go to channel strip insert I see iSEM and if I hit "e" it loads up fine. Borderlands Granular will load as insert but the sound engine will not activate.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Issue with some iOS synths and Auria channel insert

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:56 pm

If you're using IAAs, make sure to enable Audiobus mode in Auria's settings. This will ensure that Auria uses a small buffer size the next time it starts. After you set this, close Auria and all your apps.

Rim

Holiday

Post by Holiday » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:43 am

So use Audiobus monitoring even if only working with IAA?

Issue remains the same. It appears a problem with some apps. iSem and Borderlands Granular fail to load properly while Magellan and DM-1 is fine.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:57 am

Yes, Audiobus mode can be used for both Audiobus and when using Auria with other apps (and IAAs). Auria normally uses a very high buffer size (4096) which is great for lowering CPU usage, but doesn't play nice with other apps. An IAA is essentially another app running in the background, and enabling Audiobus mode forces Auria to use a small buffer size (512) which works better with other apps. It's very important to force-close Auria and all your other apps after enabling Audiobus mode, as the buffer size will only take effect the next time you launch Auria. iOS also has a rule that the first audio app launched gets to dictate the buffer size, so that's why it's important to close ALL apps after you enable audiobus mode.

Also, make sure you're only using a 44100 sample rate when using Auria in conjunction with other apps (or IAAs). Most other iOS apps only support 44100 as a sample rate.

If it's still not working after following these instructions, there might be some other issue which that particular app needs to fix. I suggest contacting the developers of those particular apps for more help in that case.

Rim

Holiday

Post by Holiday » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:14 am

Hi thanks. I guess it's an issue with those apps.

Just to confirm on your earlier point, you recommend that BOTH Audiobus Mode and Audiobus Live Monitoring be on. Not just one or the other. There's no decrease in bit depth with such enabled correct?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:23 am

Audiobus Monitoring only affects audiobus inputs. If you're not using Audiobus itself, that setting has no effect. Audiobus mode doesn't affect audio quality at all, as it only changes the buffer size. CPU usage will probably go up as a result, but audio quality stays the same.

Rim