Anyone happily making air 2 music with auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Johow
Expert

Anyone happily making air 2 music with auria?

Post by Johow » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Is there anyone out there having a good time making music within the constraints of the "iPad air 2/Auria or others" limitations. I hear that some have found workflows that offer promising results. Mostly we just hear the bad news, so please share your methods for using these tools to make music and avoid problems.
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

rkmonkey
Expert

Re: Anyone happily making air 2 music with auria?

Post by rkmonkey » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:55 am

I have IPad 4 still running ios 7 and Air 2 with latest ios 8. Air 2 does fine overall.

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:38 am

No issues here for me with the Air2. I mainly am just recording one synth at a time via IAA and the Qunexus, typically Nave or Alchemy, Sunrizer, maybe Photophore. Most of my songs are roughly 8-10 tracks total, very few effects most of the time, though usually those are the Fabfilter IAPs.

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:39 am

Tarekith wrote:No issues here for me with the Air2. I mainly am just recording one synth at a time via IAA and the Qunexus, typically Nave or Alchemy, Sunrizer, maybe Photophore. Most of my songs are roughly 8-10 tracks total, very few effects most of the time, though usually those are the Fabfilter IAPs.
Good to hear, I'm trading in my mini for an air 2 tomorrow, after a two week trial. Most of my recording is pretty simple stuff, audio recording with a little midi and I don't use too many tracks or excessive effects. The mini is just too small and I have grown accustomed to the screen real estate on my iPad 1, though it does seem a bit heavy now.
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:58 am

The Air2 is featherweight in comparison, I don't think that will be an issue for you. Holding both, I can barely tell the difference in weight between my Air2 and my wife's Mini.