Drumperfect and Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jg707
Expert

Drumperfect and Auria

Post by jg707 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:30 pm

I'm hoping someone else might be able to confirm an intermittant issue I'm having trying to record Drumperfect into Auria via Audio Bus. I can set it to sync and hear DP coming into a channel in Auria, but nothing I do will make that track record.

I have also tried recording Drumperfect IAA, but that has not worked for me at anytime...

I have used DP and Auria with AB for quite some time now and, although it is often buggy, I've never run into a problem where I can hear the DP playing in sync with Auria, but it will not record the signal no mater what I do.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!
jg707 :D

mkeymont

Re: Drumperfect and Auria

Post by mkeymont » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:44 am

Hi,
I just did a quick test using DP in the input slot, Auria in the output slot and had no problem recording at all.

I'm happy to help you troubleshoot if I can, so let me know if you need anything else tested!
Mike

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:11 am

Hi Mike,

First, thanks for responding!

Here are the details of what I'm experiencing....If I try to use DP IAA in Auria, I get no sound. This is since the upgrade to iOS8, so I'm assuming it's due to that. If I use it though AB, I get sound, it shows activity in the meter, and it syncs fairly well, but it simply won't record the signal. This is an intermittant problem and made be within Auria, but it only happens with DP. I use both these apps a great deal, but this issue has me stumped. Any ideas?

I have posted in the Audiobus Forum as well....

Thanks again!

mpire

Post by mpire » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Couple things I noticed about DP in IAA: If you want to record kit pieces into their own track, you have to have one track recording the full kit, as that seems to be the only one that responds to the transport controls. After that it works like a champ and I've been able to record 6 or 7 pieces as well as the full kit simultaneously (iPad Air)

Can't seem to get it respond to tempo from auria though, and each pattern in song mode can have it's own tempo.

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:29 am

Hi, I have DP and Auria on iPad's 4,5 and 6. All latest versions plus latest iOS. I've just tested on Air2 and everything works as expected. Especially impressive is the IAA sync. Recorded perfectly in time, and sync's the tempo too, unlike using Audiobus which has a delay. Let me know if I can do any other tests.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:39 am

Fitz wrote:Hi, I have DP and Auria on iPad's 4,5 and 6 [...] Let me know if I can do any other tests.
Looks like Rim could use your help here:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12780

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:23 am

I did some tests and posted the results.

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:24 am

By the way, just noticed I'm an expert. Don't know how that happened!