major Auria problems

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

psysword
Expert

major Auria problems

Post by psysword » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Almost every app through audiobus is giving me cracking sounds upon recording. Almost everything in auria is getting ruined currently..The Apps malfunctioning are too numerous to list. They were all working five before this Auria update. I am still on Ios7. Please rectify fast. Waiting anxiously.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: major Auria problems

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Are you usng Auria in the input or output slot? What version of the Audiobus app are you using?

Thanks,
Rim

Bobborielly

Post by Bobborielly » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:57 pm

My problem I updated my program today from iTunes and now the program Auria will not open I've clear the memory I've closed all apps but Auria will no longer open I really hope I can save the material I have on there because I really don't want to install againis it possible for me to delete the update and how would I do that thanks

psysword
Expert

Post by psysword » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm using Auria as my Daw in audiobus in the output slot. Got the Auria update toda. But it still doesn't work. Massive distortion from Stroke Machine. I'm on an iPad Air so i don't understand the power CPU issues if there are any. Terrible. Alchemy is full of distortion too as all the Apps. Simply unusable for the last one week.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:46 pm

From the looks of it, Auria is not the only DAW with Audiobus problems since the last Audiobus update. We're looking into it to see if there's anything we can do from our end. I assume you've tried to put Auria into Audiobus mode?

Rim

psysword
Expert

Post by psysword » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:28 am

Yes. I'm a big fan of Auria. Can't wait to be back online

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:13 pm

psysword wrote:I'm using Auria as my Daw in audiobus in the output slot. Got the Auria update toda. But it still doesn't work. Massive distortion from Stroke Machine. I'm on an iPad Air so i don't understand the power CPU issues if there are any. Terrible. Alchemy is full of distortion too as all the Apps. Simply unusable for the last one week.
What sample rate are you running your projects in?

-Corey

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:05 pm

psysword - Have you tried adjusting your latency in Audiobus? For me, Alchemy is unusable at anything below 512 samples/frames with Audiobus, and sounds exactly like what you describe. If I raise the latency control to 512 or higher it sounds fine. This is without Auria even running, so seems like an Alchemy <-> Audiobus issue. You may be experiencing the same thing with some of your other input apps.

Try raising your latency higher and see if that fixes the issues you're having.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

psysword
Expert

Post by psysword » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Tried the latency values, deleted and reinstalled ....ditto distortion issues persisting....recording at my usual 24 bit 44khz....still on ios7 ...not planning ios8 soon....dam...it was a dream run with Auria....alas....I can't figure out this distortion. Blast!

psysword
Expert

Post by psysword » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:07 pm

Ok good news is that it's back! Alchemy is recording at 128...oblystroke machine has a problem with both Auria and cubasis....I think reinstalling auria did the trick....more as I get back to full blown recording!