Recorded w/Auria/DM1/Magellan. Mixed in PTools

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

lion_drome

Recorded w/Auria/DM1/Magellan. Mixed in PTools

Post by lion_drome » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:18 pm

Did this quite a bit as a cost saving measure in completing the debut Lion_Drome release (due in July).
They all turned out amazing. Here's the most Auria-intense example, "That Bird Don't Fly Round Here No More".
I'm not much for hyperbole, especially as related to self promotion but I think this will be one of the best rock records over the last 5-10 years. Much thanks to Auria and my iPad. :D

This song is a bit of an after thought...character piece in terms of the album but functions as a really cool closer. I'm pleasantly surprised how it turned out.

https://soundcloud.com/liondrome/that-b ... re-no-more

jg707
Expert

Re: Recorded w/Auria/DM1/Magellan. Mixed in PTools

Post by jg707 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:42 am

The recording sounds great, but if you don't mind my asking, why did you decide not to mix it in Auria?

I ask because I am currently working on a project where I'm doing everything on the iPad (so far, anyway...) and I have found mixing on Auria to remarkably effective....

Thanks! :)

lion_drome

Post by lion_drome » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:25 am

jg707 wrote:The recording sounds great, but if you don't mind my asking, why did you decide not to mix it in Auria?

I ask because I am currently working on a project where I'm doing everything on the iPad (so far, anyway...) and I have found mixing on Auria to remarkably effective....

Thanks! :)
For me the Auria fills two functions, firstly demo'ing song ideas, secondly recording dry tracks. Then I would typically import those tracks into my producer's PTools setup. We do so much doubling of tracks and running signal through a variety of preamps or amplifiers. I like having that creative option without painting myself in a corner. Track editing (pitch fixing, moving in time, etc...) is a lot quicker in the PT. Additionally, figuring out how to get around using up memory and power on the program is a headache thus far. Requires a lot of pre-planning with no guarantee that it will work out (even w/track freezing). Its still a buggy deal. I love it, but mainly for the scope of the use I described.

If you have tried and true success going all the way through mixing, I 'd love to hear it and your process.

Here's something with a lot more tracks (and features guitar hero Chris Poland - OHM/Megadeth - on the outro solo):
http://liondrome.bandcamp.com/track/cur ... ris-poland

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks Lion_Drome! I look forward to hearing more!

I will be posting some of my creations in the near future, still working on the final touches (in Final Touch, of course)... as a former recording engineer and producer, I took it as a challenge to see if you really could produce a project entirely from an iPad. So far, thanks to Auria, among other apps, I've been able to get a fairly impressive result, all things considered. It's not Protools, not yet, but someday....who knows what might be possible! :shock: :D

lion_drome

Post by lion_drome » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:40 pm

yes, please show it off!

lion_drome

Post by lion_drome » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:11 am

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Thanks lion_drome, I look forward to hearing it! :)

lion_drome

Post by lion_drome » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Full album just released today on Bandcamp. iTunes, Spotify, etc... and CDs will take a few weeks.

You can stream the entirety (high quality) and purchase (if you want) here:
https://liondrome.bandcamp.com/

Good day