Is the arrival of MIDI also going to bring synths?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:30 am

Just curious, is the arrival of MIDI also going to bring synths to the in-app store?

Or, will I just have to wait and see? :mrgreen: I know how these things are sometimes.

Thing is, I like what AudioBus and Inter-App Audio have brought to the table, it's just I find them to be less than ideal solutions. Seems like I'm always gravitating towards "all in one" music making apps these days, so that I don't have to fiddle back and forth between apps. I don't know, I guess I'm just lazy or something, but I find the idea of a true do it all DAW app very appealing. Not one missing automation, or missing MIDI, or missing audio tracks, etc. But a true self contained production app. I guess the arrival of one is inevitable, just trying to get a feel if Auria will be it.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Is the arrival of MIDI also going to bring synths?

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:13 am

It's something we're considering, but we've made no final decision on it.

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:00 am

If IOS could support (and I guess it will never happen :( ) showing an app in a popup then moving between apps won't be a problem anymore.
That's one big missing part from the IAA puzzle.

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:20 am

Rim wrote:It's something we're considering, but we've made no final decision on it.

Rim
Thanks for the reply. Auria would be quite the powerhouse with a handful of quality synths. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Shay wrote:If IOS could support (and I guess it will never happen :( ) showing an app in a popup then moving between apps won't be a problem anymore.
That's one big missing part from the IAA puzzle.
Good workflow is I think under appreciated, and perhaps even too often neglected, by both developers and users.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:31 pm

jbw wrote:Just curious, is the arrival of MIDI also going to bring synths to the in-app store?

Or, will I just have to wait and see? :mrgreen: I know how these things are sometimes.

Thing is, I like what AudioBus and Inter-App Audio have brought to the table, it's just I find them to be less than ideal solutions. Seems like I'm always gravitating towards "all in one" music making apps these days, so that I don't have to fiddle back and forth between apps. I don't know, I guess I'm just lazy or something, but I find the idea of a true do it all DAW app very appealing. Not one missing automation, or missing MIDI, or missing audio tracks, etc. But a true self contained production app. I guess the arrival of one is inevitable, just trying to get a feel if Auria will be it.
Hey jbw, I predict that we are all stuck jumping from app to app. At least for many of us who are trying to get the sound in our head onto the tracks. I personally use Auria, Multitrack DAW, Garageband and Nanostudio, jumping back and forth frequently.

IMO, if Auria was to get some sort of synth as a built-in module I think a well thought out sampler would make the most people happy. It's very difficult to decide which type of synthesis most users of Auria would end up using. If you can't provide all types then you're stuck pleasing only a hand full of users.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:21 pm

martygras wrote:...IMO, if Auria was to get some sort of synth as a built-in module I think a well thought out sampler would make the most people happy. It's very difficult to decide which type of synthesis most users of Auria would end up using. If you can't provide all types then you're stuck pleasing only a hand full of users.
I was thinking more along the lines of third party developers creating plug-ins, like they have with effects in the store now. They've got some quality stuff in there. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to muster up some varied synthesis from the plethora of teams and people out there creating top notch synths...

And yes a sampler or two probably wouldn't hurt. :)

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:45 am

Last edited by IPadArtist on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Airyck
Expert

Post by Airyck » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:42 pm

You sound like an advertisement...
MIDI is coming; how would this be better than Auria once that happens? Auria already has built in high end fx plugins and ones for purchase from fabfilter etc... To each their own I guess.

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:41 pm

G-master G
Expert

Post by G-master G » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks for drawing my attention to this app - it looks interesting but I have some questions.

Could I use it somehow to record realistic brass and string lines?

Does it have an ediroll screen in which I can create drum tracks?

Thanks

Grant

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:38 pm

IPadArtist wrote:Everyone check out Caustic 3...
It's a nice package, but the effects in Auria make the effects in Caustic look like Tinkertoys. Caustic is also lacking a few other things as well like audio tracks and virtual MIDI, and then the zoom function is not very well done, which makes it a bit difficult to work with.

If Auria gets some big name plug in instruments on board to go with MIDI, a handful of synths and some samplers and drum machines, it's going to be hard to deny.

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:51 am

Airyck
Expert

Post by Airyck » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:27 am

IPadArtist wrote: Yes I am aware of what Auria has for sale , I already have them all. Have had since their release dates. Yes this is an advertisement for those who need a good midi app until the famous Auria midi arrives. You must know something I don't know because there has been no indication as to when midi will arrive to Auria or what features it will have that will differ from what is already available. It is very common for users here to recommend other apps to fill in Auria's blank spots for now. If you search you will see some very good advertising. Please try to share something useful instead of bashing others efforts to help. I see no help in your post to other users. Hate to tell you what you sound like!!!
How was I bashing you? I said you sound like an advertisement... you don't sound like you're trying to help people you sound like you're trying to make some sales... thats fine, just pointing that out.

You obviously didn't read any of my posts and just made assumptions based on who you think I am. The majority of what I post has been to help other people unless it's a question of my own. Please show me how my posts are no help to other people in this forum (besides this one which you obviously think isn't helpful, and even "bashing" ).

my posts in order....

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11618 (I explain why pro C could be more useful)
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11586 (I give detailed explanation of how this user might be able to accomplish something using sidechain compression in detail)

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11580 (here I explain a possible workaround for a user)
I'm generally helpful, requesting a feature, sharing excitement about an idea, or pointing out things to people...

... .looking through your posts.... hmmm mostly questions, some confirmation of things working with hardware, mostly questions... oh I guess you did offer this other program so thank thank thank you for all your help on these forums sir... don't know where we would be without you.

Think about what you say before you say it and actually do the research before you start accusing people of things. I have not been on this forum for long so I haven't had time to do much here. I am all over the internet on many forums, I write tutorials for people, make tutorial videos for free, and generally spend a hell of a lot of time helping other users fix problems and come up with solutions and ideas. What do you do? Make sales pitches for products? What else?

Also if you feel the need to make an advertisement why not start your own thread instead of hijacking someones thread. The thread is regarding whether or not there will be synths added when MIDI arrives yet somehow you feel that what they really need to know is that there is this other program that is great for MIDI that you get all this stuff and more for just $9.99!!!!!! buy now! I mean look at what you said " So if your looking for the future of iOS midi look no further than Caustic." I mean seriously? Come on...

in the immortal words of IpadArtist (what a generic name) - "Hate to tell you what you sound like"

-sorry you kind of pissed me off... I don't hate you, we can still be friends. :D

/endrant

I bet if they decide to add built in synths Fabfilter Twin or One will be one of the first ones on board. It would be great if they added Fabfilter one; low CPU utility synth for accenting other sounds or layering with audio samples. I know FXpansion is on board too, maybe we would see things like strobe or possibly the whole DCAM set, though I'm not sure the iPad could currently handle the processing power needed for the synths in the DCAM set other than Strobe. I guess time will tell.
Last edited by Airyck on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:27 pm

"People Talk in Advertisements"

^Good name for a song title... Inoculated City... 2000 Flushes...

paoudom

Post by paoudom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:53 am

The arrival midi? Am i dreaming?