1.14 IAA latency question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Morgan
Expert

1.14 IAA latency question

Post by Morgan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:34 am

RIM I know its early days for IAA but following the Auria update today I tested three of the Apps I have that claim IAA compatibility. Galileo, Amplitube and Imini. Galileo behaved extremely well and even had the small panel for switching back and forth from Auria. iMini also worked well but for some reason doesn't show the small contol panel to switch between Apps. Amplitube despite many attempts to get it going just keeps crashing out. There is a strange behavour patern with both Galileo and iMini regard latency. When either of them is inserted into the channel strip, audio can be heard but with a high level of latency. Zero latency can only be achieved if the record enable button is activated in the channel strip. This is fine until you hit the play button on the transport at which time the latency re-appears. You need both record buttons on the Channel strip and transport to be activated at the same time for Zero latency which means you can't practice without forcing a track to record. Does this have anything to do with the feature you enabled that deactivates the record enable on channels if just the play button on the transport is activated. Hope this observation helps in getting to grips with all the funnies that IAA seems to be throwing at everyone. Thanks for this amazing App and the dedication you give to all users.

Trevor

Rim
Site Admin

Re: 1.14 IAA latency question

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:07 am

Trevor,

Thanks. We've had no luck with Amplitube either. They changed something in the last update which broke IAA compatibility. I've emailed them but haven't gotten in touch with the developers yet.

In terms of latency, Auria uses two different buffer sizes. One for playback and one for recording. As soon as you record enable a track, it switches to the lower latency. If you need to be able to play the synth while also playing your tracks, I suggest turning off Auto Input Monitor in the settings. This way, you can keep that track in record enable while the rest of the tracks are playing back.

Alternatively, you could enable Audiobus Mode, which forces Auria into a low playback buffer size. But doing so also uses more CPU and disables the convolution reverb, which requires a larger buffer size.

Rim

Morgan
Expert

Re: 1.14 IAA latency question

Post by Morgan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:50 pm

RIM apology for raising a latency question you have already answered in another thread. Must open my eyes.

Cheers

Trevor