How does new Audiopaste work ?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Major Lee

How does new Audiopaste work ?

Post by Major Lee » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:37 am

Dear friends,

I no longer understand how audiopaste works in last Auria version (1.13). I don't see the 12 files buffer and it seems i can only copy the general pasteboard .Wav file.

Framework : I mix all channels separately in Nanostudio and copy them in the pasteboard (all that is done in one click). but when i am back in Auria I only see one file in the pasteboard.

Thanks for your kind answer

Major Lee

ChrisG
Expert

Re: How does new Audiopaste work ?

Post by ChrisG » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:53 am

Apple did some changes in iOS 7 that prevents Sonoma ACP (and its 12 slots) from working. To get around this a separate app has to run in the background, acting as an ACP hub. Retronymns took over from Sonoma and are about to release ACP 2.0 which will replace Sonoma ACP. You can read up in it on Retronyms website (the tabletop devs), but one thing that I immediately noticed is that you're no longer restricted to only 12 slots anymore, which is gonna be useful for people that shuffles lots of audio around apps via ACP. I don't know when they'll release the ACP 2.0 app tho, but very soon would be my guess..

The iOS General Audio Copy Pasteboard still works, but that's limited to only one file at a time so..

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:35 am

Does the general pasteboard paste 24 bit audio into Auria?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:28 pm

We use ACP for all the audio copying in Auria (including general pasteboard support), so it's limited to 16 bits (that's what the Sonoma standard defines).

Rim

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Rim and family: could you remind us how to clear the AudioPaste buffer...and does that same method work with the new ACP standard?

Also: i have not updated to iOS7 and wont for a while. Can i use the newest version of Auria without using iOS7?

tahnks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:15 pm

There's no way to clear the ACP buffer from within Auria. There are other apps that do it: AudioShare is one of them. The ACP app (when it's available will also allow this.

Auria works fine in either iOS6 or 7. You won't be able to use Inter-app audio plugins in iOS6 however.

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:50 pm

It took me awhile, but I'm starting to like "Audioshare" for its normalizing and folder functions.
I Recommend it for use with Glitchbreaks and other loop oriented apps.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Spud
Expert

Post by Spud » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Audioshare is a handy app for sure. Great for comparing mixdowns and clearing the audio copy buffer.