Let's See Your Auria Project Studio...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

Re: Let's See Your Auria Project Studio...

Post by Guilleonline » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Jus wrote:That looks a nice setup Guil just out of interest what mic are you using on your Fender amp and how do you rate it
Hey there!! The one right in front of it is a seinhesier 609 silver. It gives that classic sm57 feel but a bit more open I think. Really good for the raw signal. Now about 3 feet away I have a Blue dragonfly pointing right in front of the other speaker. I love how the details and nuances are cought by this mic and been afar it also captures a little more of the atmosphere in the room. Nice and airy.

I combine them both and boom! Great sound in your tracks :mrgreen:

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:Outside of my Fender strat, Acoustic guitar and electric bass and my Faderport and some apogee units that didn't make the picture, this is my everyday creative space. Thanks Jus on the pic upload info. In my 30' sailboat on Vancouver Island. Cheers.~~_/)~~~
So you mentioned apogee units. A duet maybe? I'm trying to compare the sound from the duet and the focusrite and thought u might give some advice.

By the way a recording studio in a boat sounds amazing!! Pretty nice for inspiration too!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Yes it is a Duet 2 and I really love it and the sound is Apogee smmoth. Really good on almost anything but especially good on acoustic instruments and vocals. I really like my Focustrite because of the sound impact on my synths and bass. Real bass has a nicer punchier sound on the Focustrite. Mine is just the 2i2 and for the price it's a nice synth and piano and of course much more sounds good on it too but I have both so I use whichever I like for a particular recording. I also have the original Apogee One and that's what got me hooked on Apogee. For the money both are great but I would put the Apogee up first if I really wanted to make a good impression with my track and it sounds good on most everything. The Focusrite simple, quiet and cheap but not cheaply built. Both have a great build. Cheers and thanks for the studio cudos. Lovin the studio pics. ~~_/)~~~

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:01 am

Nice! I like the scarlet 2i2 but my only complaint is that I always find myself running out of battery on the iPad. When the new apogee ios came out the feature of charging the iPad while using it became instantly a selling poont for me. I hate having a session interrumpted because if the battery running out.

Thanks for the input!

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:32 am

Auria Project Studio.JPG
Auria Project Studio

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:17 am

Guilleonline wrote:Nice! I like the scarlet 2i2 but my only complaint is that I always find myself running out of battery on the iPad. When the new apogee ios came out the feature of charging the iPad while using it became instantly a selling poont for me. I hate having a session interrumpted because if the battery running out.

Thanks for the input!
Yes the apogee products look great for not having to worry about battery life.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Guilleonline wrote:
Jus wrote:That looks a nice setup Guil just out of interest what mic are you using on your Fender amp and how do you rate it
Hey there!! The one right in front of it is a seinhesier 609 silver. It gives that classic sm57 feel but a bit more open I think. Really good for the raw signal. Now about 3 feet away I have a Blue dragonfly pointing right in front of the other speaker. I love how the details and nuances are cought by this mic and been afar it also captures a little more of the atmosphere in the room. Nice and airy.

Wow the dragonfly is a bit pricey :shock: I would love to hear some of your recorded guitar sometime just to see

Some people stick a mic in the back of a guitar amp as well to get a nice rounded sound have you tried this at all

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Hey, I have a blue dragonfly too! ;)

trunkdog

Post by trunkdog » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:My Auria Studio called A.I.R Studio aboard my 30' sailboat. I have more guitars,bass ect. But primarily this is my everyday creative place. Ok so the pic didn't upload. I'll try again later
Prolly that 3rd sheet in the wind…
Darn, you cats are out of my league, so hygienic!
I should have my 9.7" Touchscreen Studio up this weekend, will post.
Thx - td

trunkdog

Post by trunkdog » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:05 am

Couldn't resist, here's what I am migrating away from.
All but the EURI's, they're a keeper!
The Engineer in me, I diagram everything.
The thing about this whole iPadism; my studio can be anywhere that I find quiet and conducive.

http://media9.dropshots.com/photos/5981 ... 181434.jpg
Thx - td

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Jus wrote:
Guilleonline wrote:

Wow the dragonfly is a bit pricey :shock: I would love to hear some of your recorded guitar sometime just to see

Some people stick a mic in the back of a guitar amp as well to get a nice rounded sound have you tried this at all
I've never tried that but I think it would only make sense in an open back cab. On a closed back cab You'll only get the frequencies that most of the time get shed in mixing. But then again there are no rights or wrongs in recording. Experimenting is always welcomed and can yield to great results.

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Mic'ing the back of a cabinet can be used to make a pseudo stereo guitar effect by spreading the front and back mics. Usually you need to flip the phase on the back one if you want the mix to work in mono.

Rude4life

Post by Rude4life » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:58 am

Here's mines
image.jpg
My Ipad setup
image.jpg
My main setup
image.jpg (193.02 KiB) Viewed 38115 times

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:28 pm

rsz_1rsz_cimg0798.jpg

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Look under BR8ZINN2012 YouTube and have a listen,,,,all done with AURIA,still under production though,
All graphics and art is mine,as well as the skateboard riding first person view riding filmed with an iPad,
In fact this whole production was done with 3 iPads and my Yamaha and epiphone ax...
Special shout out to RIM !!!!!!!! Great no wait phenomenal tech support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!