How's the new IOS 7 goin with all your music apps?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Spud
Expert

Re: How's the new IOS 7 goin with all your music apps?

Post by Spud » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Rim wrote:Keep in mind, there's a bug in Auria 1.12, (which is unrelated to IOS7) that causes the knob issues you're talking about. All knobs in Auria 1.12 plugins are circular, not linear. This means you need to touch them, then rotate them by using a circle around the knob.

Rim
Just a heads up Rim that the Pro Q gain/pan knobs aren't affected by the bug. Or at least here anyway.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Yep, it's mostly the PSP plugins, Channelstrip/Masterstrip, Drumagog and a few others.

Thanks,
Rim

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:03 am

I had no problems with Auria projects, recording into Auria, and using several synth apps. I'm going to update all my iPads to iOS7 today.

This is my personal experience. Please follow the advices from Rim and other developers before updating to iOS7!

Edit: found a problem with my local wifi that is not connected to the internet (difficulty to connect, and no connection sign on top left, just like last time when iOS6 was new). So I'm not going to update my other iPads until this is resolved. The other local wifi with internet works fine as usual.

Major Lee

Post by Major Lee » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:21 am

Hi All,
Since i have migrated to ios 7,
I have a problem with the Audiopaste function in Auria.

When i mix channels in Nanostudio, a 6 channels song usually puts 6 files on the audio pasteboard.

Since ios 7, in Auria I only see 1 file in the audio pasteboard.(corresponding to the first channel in nanostudio)

(In Nanostudio, I can see them all in the pasteboard)

Best regards

Major Lee

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Phil999 wrote:I had no problems with Auria projects, recording into Auria, and using several synth apps. I'm going to update all my iPads to iOS7 today.

This is my personal experience. Please follow the advices from Rim and other developers before updating to iOS7!

Edit: found a problem with my local wifi that is not connected to the internet (difficulty to connect, and no connection sign on top left, just like last time when iOS6 was new). So I'm not going to update my other iPads until this is resolved. The other local wifi with internet works fine as usual.
Phil, Apple has a fixit statement somewhere regarding this, but basically it says to
1. turn on airplane mode.
2. "forget" you current wifi that's giving you issues.
3. turn airplane mode off.
4. Recreate your wifi link as if it were new.
Not all people are experiencing this though so it might be a carrier related issue made worse by the update.

I hope this helps.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:22 pm

thank you martygras, that's a new trick. I sometimes had to do a similar thing with iPad4/iOS6 (reset network settings and re-enter all IP's and passwords for every wifi network). I need to have static IP's on my iPads, and maybe it has something to do with the subnet mask (255.255.255.0 or 255.255.0.0). Again, very confusing these changes after a major iOS update concerning wifi. Will take weeks again to finally make it work properly I fear. But that's another topic.

Didn't have serious problems with music apps, only some short dropouts while monitoring/recording into Auria (iPad2 with Tascam iU2). The recordings are fine, the dropouts only occurred while monitoring. Minor problem, not really disturbing. Just a confirmation that with iOS7.0 there appear to be some bugs with audio, like some developers say.

Syltaldo

Post by Syltaldo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:22 am

I've been running Auria on my 16GB iPad 2 since beta 3 of iOS 7.
Except for some sudden rebooting of the entire OS, my ipad has been working better/faster. Auria had been rock solid since upgrading, and nothing has changed with the update to Gold master.

One thing i do is that I always close every other app when using Auria. Except Apogee Maestro.
Audiobus really sucks on the iPad 2, so i don't really miss it.

Hopefully Apple will iron out more bugs in the first updates.

Now I'm waiting for the iPad 5th gen with 64bit A7X

It will probably run better than my Pro Tools system...

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:52 pm

ios 7.3 .via using an iPad 2 ...is it running ok...