The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Shay
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Shay » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:12 am

I ++ the notepad idea.
While using many synth sources I wish to write which app, sound bank and patch I recorded to a specific track in Auria.
The track name is super short so a notes per project will be great.

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:31 am

Notes are also great for things like lyrics, mic setup and positioning, external fx settings... Would love to see it both per track and a big one for the whole project. Don't know if aaf supports either note type but I'd understand if I had to lose it when transferring projects.

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Enjoying Auria - thank-you to let me escape the idiocy if Avid!

A few questions / suggestions:

1) will any new functionality occur with iOS7 - or will anything be taken away?

2) it would be superb if you could use the new iOS7 AirDrop feature to get files to your mac without havjbgvyo yo via iTunes. Would this be a possibility?

3) is there any way you could make it possible so by selecting a region, that region could loop play?

4) Mid/sides option in the channel strip - left of a stereo channel being Mid and right being sides with a simple width control to adjust the amount of sides?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi,

1. I can't comment on iOS7, as we are under an NDA with Apple

2. Same

3 and 4. Sure, these are definite possibilities for a future version

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:07 am

Some more effect plugins would be cool, although i know that's not really in your hands.

I really enjoy Turnado at the moment, but i have to use it, more or less, in real time for the desired effects. Would love to have some of the effects in Auria, like a Vocoder or anything that let's you transform and morph your sound in general.

I love designing sounds and it's maybe the only thing that i use Auria for, so my need for powerful morphing tools is quite huge :)

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:29 am

I think as time progresses and you keep expanding AURIA (which is a beautiful app.!!)and each new iOS and or IPad version opens doors for more expansion I can only foresee more problems within bug fixes trying to get AURIA to work on every iPad is only going to become problematic so to speak.whilist apple will surely keep expanding its iPads more and more iPads will become a hinder as you can't please everybody and every format I can only think it stops you and makes it difficult on your new updates as AURIA advances leaving many customers frustrated with the new updates and yet it is not your intention I can only believe because as the iPad one only supports iOS 5.3 and down,and I see this happening to the iPad 2 soon and so on.rherefore you should make each version seperate so to speak,yet leaving open of course the freedom to update your old version without paying for a new one if you so wish to advance so to speak to a new iPad .
This will free up all the qualms,bugs,holdbacks,trouble shootings,you have to deal with each new update on IOS and new iPad versions as well as keep your customers happy and WHILIST still in production so to speak trouble free.
This should be brought up with apple within AURIA,so for example iOS version for the IPad will stand alone so to speak and
So on.the last update I noticed you said you guys didn't even test it and while others might think "well buddy why are you still using the old IPad "I find it unfair and not good for marketing and good customer service so to speak and though not
100% your fault I can't see you pleasing everybody on this trying to fit AURIA on each new iOS and IPad version.
Also for people who have already purchased the application a small $$ charge for that version working on a new iPad if wanted would only be fair.this would benefit you and the customer and compensate you more adequately for all your hard
Work as well as lesson the burden of IOS versions working properly within each iPad so to speak.it would be a win,win,win,
For APPLE for AURIA and your customers.....just a thought........

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:41 am

I see your point, but the Apple model is not set up for this kind of upgrade system. Releasing a new version of Auria and making a customer pay for it every month or so not only makes customers unhappy about having to pay for an upgrade, but also forces them to copy all their projects from one version to the other, because Apple doesn't allow you to share data between two apps (even if they're essentially the same app, but just a newer "version"). We try our best to test every new feature on every iPad model, and have a group of 50+ active beta testers that test after we're done, but with complicated apps, mistakes and omissions do happen. There's just no better solution in the current iOS system.

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Removed by poster – needlessly snarky.
Last edited by ZenLizard on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Is there a way or just a wish to split AURIAs two screens with two iPads that would be just WOW !!,I know it's asking for a lot ,just a wish though...lol...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Not exactly, but there is a way to run two Aurias together to get 96 tracks using AuriaLink.

Rim

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi,
Group Faders button changes to Show Icons (bottom of edit menu) button when in sequencer view
All the best! <3

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Would it be possible to add some more fx slots to the aux channels? For example, right now i would like to add some EQed reverb to a channel, without changing the original signal. As there's only one fx slot per aux channel i can't really make it work that way right now. I can't do it with the sub groups either, because the group replaces the original signal. The only way i'm seeing right now is to create a new track and work everything additional out on there. Makes things a bit more complicated though.

And having in mind that the new iPad is coming soon, cpu power will be most probably much less of a problem.

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:41 pm

+1 for another effects slot.

On a related note, I'd love to have more effects slots per channel..
I encounter this limitation often with vocal tracks where I want to use my pro-c, pro-q, microwarmer, de-esser and vocal-specific stereo delay ie 5 effects in total. Although I usually get around this by using the channel strip compressor or EQ, it feels like a waste not to use the top notch fab filter effects on my most important track ie vocals.

Thanks, loving your work as always :D

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Checkrath wrote:+1 for another effects slot.

On a related note, I'd love to have more effects slots per channel..
I encounter this limitation often with vocal tracks where I want to use my pro-c, pro-q, microwarmer, de-esser and vocal-specific stereo delay ie 5 effects in total. Although I usually get around this by using the channel strip compressor or EQ, it feels like a waste not to use the top notch fab filter effects on my most important track ie vocals.

Thanks, loving your work as always :D
Yeah, my work around is simply to let the channel go through a sub and then add additional effects there. This also has the benefit that i can freeze the main channel and free up cpu power for more effects.

trunkdog

Post by trunkdog » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:36 am

pviney wrote:I am waiting for an addictive drums type of VSTi. Drumagog is great for replacement but for those that use loops or an electric kit to trigger samples and would like the sound to be that of an actual recorded drum it would be awesome. Of course this could only come once Midi is implemented. Day one purchase for me if possible. I use Addictive drums on a daily basis in Cubase and can't live without it when recording.
PV - Are you using any eDrum triggers in Auria with the current release? If so, have you multitracked them? Would you rate Addictive over Superior? If so, why? I perform my own drum parts, you loop cats are killing me :-(
Thx - td