Latency issues in new update!!!???

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

silent climb

Latency issues in new update!!!???

Post by silent climb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 am

Hi there people,

Is anybody else experiencing latency issues with the new update? Everything was working fine up until the update but now when I arm a track the signal has very noticeable latency delay with record monito on. Wen I turn off record monitor there is no latency. However, this was not the case before when I was enjoying being able to monitor what I was recording with fx & no latency. Is this a new bug? I'm running an ipad 4 64Gb & an Apogee Duet interface. Please help!!

silent climb

Re: Latency issues in new update!!!???

Post by silent climb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:52 am

& then when I do record with record monitoring off, i can record without latency but what actually plays back upon reviewing the take is a delayed recording that has the same audio latency that I get with record monitoring on. What the hell is happening??!! The first take i recorded down i could monitor in real time with no latency issues at all but some kind of conflict has happened within Auria since that has caused this seemingly unfixable latency & it's not anything i've done.

silent climb

Post by silent climb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am

Right, I just tried to record using the on board mic on the ipad with record monitoring on & effects not disabled & it worked fine, no latency at all. Then I tried to record again with these same settings again using the Apogee Duet & I get latency straight away. I've only just got the Duet & it was working fine initially & then suddenly without me actually changing any settings at all the latency issue started happening. Auria for me is now totally unusable & I don't know why. So glad I splashed out nearly £600 on an interface especially for it! This is really doing my head in now!! Just as an exercise in deduction I also loaded up Loopy HD & tested for latency throuh recording mic into Duet & it was fine. No latency in Loopy HD with the Duet set up as was with Auria. Seeing that the duet was initially recording fine with no latency for the first few takes, I don't understand how latency has suddenly been introduced, plus a few other little glitches such as the record enable button completely freezing in the on position - something I couldn't un arm without closing auria down & rebooting. I just want my Auria & Duet to work the way that they are supposed to.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:04 am

There are a number of things to try in the settings panel to do with audiobus, background audio, latency and soft-USB start. Some tweaking of these may resolve the latency issue.

If it is an issue with 1.10 I'm sure Rim & co will sort it asap as Apogee is most definitely a company they would want to support. It's unthinkable the duet and Auria would not work together for any length of time.

p.s. the track arm sounds like a bug, you should report that separately in the bug reports forum:

http://www.auriaapp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:26 am

Double check what your Record Latency is set at (this is on the Record tab of the Settings page). This is really the only thing that could be causing latency. If it's too high (generally anything above 512 is troublesome) you'll have a noticeable delay in your monitor signal.

Also, if you can recreate the issue with the record enable button being frozen, please let us know in the bug reporting forum.

Thanks,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

silent climb

Post by silent climb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:57 am

Hi there. Thanks for responding. The latency is set at 256 & hasn't been changed since the update or arrival of the duet. I really don't understand what's going on here. I'm slowly losing the will to live....

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:32 pm

One thing is that it could mean the iPad's audio system has tripped and fallen down, try a complete reboot: force-quit all running apps and do a hard reboot (hold down sleep and home buttons).

Otherwise how much latency are you encountering? 10ms, 50ms, a second, etc? Does changing the record latency to 128 cut it in half?
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

silent climb

Post by silent climb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi all & thank you for the responses. Having got thoroughly annoyed & turned it all off for a good while, I've just turned it all back on & have no latency present whilst record monitoring, however, on play back the recording i have just done is off by a considerably amount. So now the recording itself is delayed from what i am monitoring & as a result, completely a=out of sync with the track. I haven't changed anything since last time i checked in. What the hell is happening?...........

Scrap that, the old problem is back, with both the record buttons enabled in the project window & the mixer window, i am forced to monitor with the delay:- I can hear my signal as soon as it i sent through the mic but then it is followed up a half second later by a louder duplicate of itself, so in fact i have an echo problem whilst record monitoring & the signal that actually gets recorded is the echo duplicate copy. Please help!

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Do you mean the recording you made earlier, while you were experiencing the extra latency? Sounds like your iPad's audio system crashed before. It makes sense that any recording you did while it was messed up would have recorded out of time - not much to do other than slide the recording earlier to where it should be to fix it.

But moving forward everything should be fine.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Would you mind sending us a quick video of your entire process? This would help us see if we're missing something.

Rim

silent climb

Post by silent climb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:24 pm

What's the best way for me to send you a video?

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Record it with your phone?

silent climb

Post by silent climb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:29 pm

I meant where do i send it to? Can i just upload it into this thread?

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:44 pm

I own several Apogee products and sometimes my Apogee locks up. You havecprobably already done this but it doesn't hurt to mention. Have you unplugged the Apogee from the wall or turned it right off or unplug the USB entirely? This can reset the Apogee. Good luck.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:51 pm

The best way to do it is record the video on your iPhone, then click on it in your photos page and choose upload to YouTube. Make sure you choose the option that says unlisted (don't make it public). Then post the link here.

Rim