TC-Helicon Voice Live Touch 2

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

TheKidEntertainment

TC-Helicon Voice Live Touch 2

Post by TheKidEntertainment » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Hey Guys,

First off, I love Auria and am continuously blown away with its quality. It's been the best investment I have made on my ipad by far and was the sole purpose for purchasing it. Now, my question is this...

If I were to purchase the TC-Helicon Voice Live Touch 2 should I expect any substantial issues with latency or CPU overloads that cause recording to become impossible? I don't want to drop that type of money on this product if I won't be able to use it for studio recording sessions. So, im curious, has anyone attempted to use it with Auria and if so, what were your experiences with it? Also, I am using an Ipad 3 through the Alesis io dock. Thank You.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicelive-touch-2/

IPadArtist
Expert

Re: TC-Helicon Voice Live Touch 2

Post by IPadArtist » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 pm

The Vocal Live Touch 2 has USB Audio I/O so yes it will work as an audio input device to Auria. As far as the latency, you shouldn't experience any extra from Auria as Auria only proceses the audio and doesn't rely on the Vocal Live's effects. Vocal Live acts like a hardware unit prior to releasing it's audio to the usb port. This audio already includes the processed sound set prior in the Vocal Live Touch 2. If however you are using a multi-output audio interface and routing the Vocal Live Touch 2 through Auria as an insert, this could slow things down after a few tracks. So if your just using it to plug in your mic or guitar and record directly into Auria you should not experience any extra latency and I emphisize extra because so far every device I have used gives me some knid of latency even if ever so small. I can detect it and I've heard from others that they hear it too. When Auria gets midi clock sync you should be able to trigger Auria's transport control from the Vocal Live Touch 2 transport buttons. This of course eliminates the need for your Alesis IO Dock. In order to use your Vocal Live Touch 2 with your Alesis IO Dock, simply plug your mic or guitar into the Vocal Live Touch 2 and take the audio outputs from the Vocal Live Touch 2 and plug them directly into your Alesis IO Dock and record into Auria as you usually do and you will not notice any difference in performance. A CCK and powered usb hub is required to use the Vocal Live Touch 2 as a stand-alone iPad audio interface.

TheKidEntertainment

Post by TheKidEntertainment » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Thanks IPadArtist. You practically summed everything up for me. I was told by a friend that when he connected a midi it shot his CPU through the roof. This is the answer I was looking for. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

TheKidEntertainment

Post by TheKidEntertainment » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Just a quick update. I bought the Voice Live Touch 2 and am extremely impressed with it. Anyone out there looking into a new preamp/vocal processor, I highly reccomend this product.