Timetable for release of MIDI support and sequencer

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Timetable for release of MIDI support and sequencer

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:49 am

Great app. Looking forward to the new update.
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

dixie237

Post by dixie237 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:18 am

Rim wrote:It's here already in 1.10, which should be in Apple review soon.

Rim
Great news. Thanks for your efforts, and look forward to checking it out.
cheers
D :D

trunkdog

Post by trunkdog » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:57 pm

I've 'ad me eye on this app for quite the spell. Like the OP my investments are becoming more prudent. I lean towards the iPad in hopes of migrating to it as a sole source. This is coming from a 30+ year vet of UNIX, SUN, DEC, VMS, M$ and of course MAC. The iPad has at the least allowed me to go paperless, from REAMS to paperless! My next purchase will be a maxed-out Gen 4 iPad. Auria was well planned and polished prior to rollout. I trust he MIDI implementation will be fairly bulletproof. My far range goal will be a true project studio. I simply find I can ferret the subject at hand out (math, physics, audio, video, whatever) with the iPad in hand. It is by far the most user-friendly and task oriented computing device (weapon) I have ever used. What I need from you cats is a pointer to MIDI as applicable to Auria in the vanilla 101 wrapper; MIDI-DAW-101. I think I have a grasp on the communications concept. I need some hands on specifics, drum tracks triggering VI's etc. On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is the mastering of MIDI to the studio recording engineer? Could some kind soul shine me a light?
Thx - td

trunkdog

Post by trunkdog » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:36 am

Anyone? Pretty please!

See this post.

Code: Select all

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10916&p=25266#p25266
Thx - td

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:09 am

@trunkdog - that is a difficult question to answer: How important is MIDI to the recording engineer? The answer is completely dependent on what said engineer is recording. I can easily record a session with a band without using MIDI for anything, BUT, if that band wants to add tempo synced effects and/or virtual instrument, and/or MIDI triggered real instrument or device, then a basic understanding of MIDI becomes much more important. If you plan on recording different artists in your studio, then you should learn as much as you can about MIDI, because it will come up eventually, and there will likely be no patience from the artist/band for you to try and figure things out in the middle of their session. If you plan to only record yourself/your band, then you could get by learning only the parts of MIDI that are important to your own workflow.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Midi itself is simple. Applications of midi are really wide ranging and can get fairly complex. Most of it is pretty straightforward though.

@Zenlizard nailed it. If you're recording bands, most will get by just fine without midi. If you're recording pop/electronica acts you'll need to work on the basics. I'd start with sorting out recording notes and triggering synths (not possible in auria yet). Mess with controllers a bit and see what they can do. Then, worry about sync and clock stuff.

trunkdog

Post by trunkdog » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:57 pm

@Syrup&Liz

Thx for the pointers. My initial work will be about 50/50, me and clients.I could forsee some 'Lectro Synth Dubsteppin' clients. I'll just wade in and see where I am deficient with regards to midi. Right now my concern is getting multitrack eDrums out of my Yammie DTXPL's. I'm thinking Midi Split or MidiBridge. @Rim / Wishlist: Would MidiSplit core to Auria be sweet or what?!?
Thx - td