JamUp Auria plug in

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pitzipado
Expert

JamUp Auria plug in

Post by pitzipado » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:20 pm

I love Auria and do ever so much appreciate all the help Rim wave people and you fine
forum folks have patiently provided for those of us with minimal daw experience. Thanks !

Could anyone tell me if the Auria jamup plug includes a bass amp model?
Again thanks
jp

Albrecht
Expert

Re: JamUp Auria plug in

Post by Albrecht » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 am

NO bassamp models included.

Positive Grid brings the industry-acclaimed tone quality into the Auria system, the JamUp Essential Package provides in total 22 authentic models, it's the one stop to cover the must have tones, ready for serious recording.

The collection of amps and effects includes 6 historic amp models with matched convolution cab simulator, spring and digital reverb, tangy modulations, tape and digital delays, classic and fuzzy distortions, filters, compressors, noise gate and other essentials. Each effect parameter can be accessed with a simple touch. There's no digging through menus, no learning process and no hassles. A fully configurable signal path allows players to try out different pre and post arrangements, it provides a great and flexible way to create your own tone.

For more information visit http://www.positivegrid.com/auria-jamup/

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:22 am

The JamUp Pro XT is already a guitar app and is Audiobus compatible and you can get Bass rigs as an in-app-purchase and not too expensive and they sound great. I use my JamUp Pro XT with Audiobus and now Auria. The app is fun on its own because it comes with a geat looper and tuner and a whole lot more.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~

MrNezumi
Expert

Post by MrNezumi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:36 am

Technically JamUp Pro does come with a bass amp. It is called "Tweed Bass" and is modeled after a 1959 Fender Bassman. Even though it is widely regarded/revered as a guitar amp nowadays, it was designed (and named) as a bass amp. Having said that I will agree that most modern bass players would be less than thrilled with it (even though it would do in a pinch) and that there are several good amps available as IAPs for very little money. JamUp is a great app; you should go ahead and get it. If money is tight, the Tweed Bass will do the job until you can get together the money to buy a "proper" bass amp.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:34 am

MrNezumi, Anthony, Albrecht thanks for your response- most helpful. My concern is not so much fiscal
but my limited core processing/ memory on the iPad 2. From what I've read audiobus is a bit tricky for two
so I'd like to stay within Auria for now. I'm still finding new creative ways to overload and/or crash as is.
So I'm guessing that the "bass expansion pack" is available only from the stand alone jamup? The tweed
bass sounds very cool though! I was playing through one of those in the early sixties we worshipped at
the feet of Dick Dale and the Del Tones and were astounded when Mr Fender came out with the Dual
Showman and it's mighty 100 watts reverberating through concrete bunker-type dance halls. Which
reminds me it's probably time to get my hearing checked again

Peace love and understanding

jp

Albrecht
Expert

Post by Albrecht » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:13 am

Anthony Alves wrote:The JamUp Pro XT is already a guitar app and is Audiobus compatible and you can get Bass rigs as an in-app-purchase and not too expensive and they sound great. I use my JamUp Pro XT with Audiobus and now Auria. The app is fun on its own because it comes with a geat looper and tuner and a whole lot more.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~
wrong

as a PLUGIN for Auria you canNOT purchase a bassamp, read my copy/paste please

btw - i would be very pleased, if this option would be possible

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:45 am

You're all correct, it just seems some lines are getting crossed. Jam up pro xt, as Anthony stated, is the external app, can now be recorded into auria via audiobus and has IAP of bass amps, etc. jamup plugin is the same as jamup pro xt with no expansions, and no IAP are available for the plugin. And, they are two separate products, owning jamup pro xt on its own does not mean you own the plugin, and any models you've bought via IAP in jamup pro xt do not transfer to the plugin. If IAP are ever available in the plugin they will have to be purchased again, unless something changes in the future from apple.

So Anthony was saying that if you already own jamup up pro xt on its own, and have audiobus, recording though it is now possible. Owning it as a plugin lets you process afterwards if you want. I'm going to just stick with externally and record it in if I need. It helps me to make the decision right away and stick with it. Others may prefer another method.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:57 am

Albrecht wrote:
Anthony Alves wrote:The JamUp Pro XT is already a guitar app and is Audiobus compatible and you can get Bass rigs as an in-app-purchase and not too expensive and they sound great. I use my JamUp Pro XT with Audiobus and now Auria. The app is fun on its own because it comes with a geat looper and tuner and a whole lot more.
Cheers
~~_/)~~~
wrong

as a PLUGIN for Auria you canNOT purchase a bassamp, read my copy/paste please

btw - i would be very pleased, if this option would be possible
No I'm not refferring to Auria's JamUp plugin which I have, but the standalone app that is sold seperately by PositiveGrid and is Audiobus ready and yes I know there are no in-app purchases in Aurias plugins or any other Daw plugins for that matter. Only apps can have in-app purchases not plugins.

Cheers
~~_/)~~~