Getting pops from my digimax FS

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ericd921
Expert

Getting pops from my digimax FS

Post by Ericd921 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm running Auria with a Presonus 1818vsl linked with a Digimax FS. Until now, I've never run a system with an ADAT connection...I'm kind of a newb to this setup. For some reason, I can record into the 1818vsl with no problems, but when I track through the Digimax, I'm getting intermittent pops and clicks. Is this a clocking issue? The only cable I'm using to connect the interfaces is the ADAT cable. If I connect a wordclock cable, will that solve my problem? Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

~Eric
Eric

Ericd921
Expert

Re: Getting pops from my digimax FS

Post by Ericd921 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Ok, I solved the problem...basic newbie BS :P I ran another ADAT cable from the output of the 1818vsl to the input on the Digimax, and now I can slave the Digimax to the clock on the 1818vsl. No more pops and clicks, and I'm a very happy camper! Thanks for tolerating my ignorant question!
Eric

mrufino1
Expert

Re: Getting pops from my digimax FS

Post by mrufino1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Yes, you need either both cables connected or you need to select the digimax as your master, not sure if you can do that on the interface through the ipad. But two cables sends the clock both ways, so the system should set itself correctly.