MIXDOWNS DO NOT WORK! HELP!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mattcali

MIXDOWNS DO NOT WORK! HELP!

Post by mattcali » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 pm

So let me start by saying I love AURIA however, I cannot get any sort of mp3 or wave mixdown to work I'm so frustrated!! AAF files and save project files go straight to my dropbox within seconds (which means the link is fine) but anytime I try to "mixdown" a mp3 or wave I get nothing in my dropbox or soundcloud. I've tried doing it every which way to see if I can trigger it to work some how but it doesn't. Help!!!!! It processes and acts like its going to work but I get NOTHING in my dropbox unless I choose AFF mixdown. All I want is a mp3 or wave.

Note: way around this is to just mixdown within a project on a track and then mixdown AFF and take the wave but.....the software is not working correctly sorry if this problem is addressed somewhere but I couldnt find any threads. Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: MIXDOWNS DO NOT WORK! HELP!

Post by Rim » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Mixdowns all go into a special folder created on your DropBox account called "Auria".

Rim

mattcali

Post by mattcali » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 am

Did you read my post? Lol. I know it works fine when I choose to export AFF to dropbox. But if I choose mixdown "Wave" or "MP3" I get nothing. Hence "MIXDOWNS NOT WORKING" I know the dropbox is linked and working because the AFF files go there fine but anytime I choose to Mixdown I get nothing in the dropbox.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:18 am

I'm confused, because you keep referring to AFF. Are you talking about AAF or AIF? Auria support both of these, but they are very different things.

RIm

lion_drome

Post by lion_drome » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 am

I've had WAV work but MP3 mixdown to dropbox shuts down Auria. Never appears in my Auria folder.

mattcali

Post by mattcali » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 am

Yes shut downs Auria after creating mixdown is complete!! Sorry to make things clear :

Running latest version of Auria ...
Save Project to dropbox: WORKS!
Export AAF to dropbox: WORKS!
Mixdown MP3,WAVE,AIF to dropbox or soundcloud: DOES NOT WORK!!

It says "creating mixdown" then when complete it shuts done Auria. When I chose AIF it froze for awhile then went to "uploading to dropbox" but then Auria shutdown again.

So basically I can get all my tracks, but no way to get a mixdown. Frustrated.

Is there a way to bounce tracks down to one within a session by assigning all tracks to one? So I could save the AAF file and get my mixdown from there?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I'll look into this. There might be a bug in the dropbox side of things.

The workaround is to uncheck the DropBox option in the mixdown page. Just create the mixdown. Then, using your computer, open iTunes (or another app like iExplorer), and copy the mixdown file off your iPad and use DropBox on your computer to send it.

Rim

ldavis3663

Post by ldavis3663 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Ran into a similar thing when trying to export a mixdown to Soundcloud but an extension wasn't being created. When I added the .wav, etc. it worked ok.

mattcali

Post by mattcali » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:31 pm

So.....turns out it has something to do with the size of the file. The file that I have been trying to mixdown to mp3 is a 60 minute mix (I'm a DJ). I mixed down a shorter 10min mix and it worked fine. But to FINALLY get my 60min mixdown mp3..... I did what you said and mixed down without saving to dropbox or sound cloud. Then I started a new project with just two tracks, and imported the mixdown, then mixed down again to mp3 in dropbox. It took like an Hour to convert, and then said there was a "error saving to dropbox", then 10min later it magically popped up in my dropbox. Whew! So next time I am just gonna split the mix into 30min sections and hope that works better. AURIA IS AWESOME THOUGH!!!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Good to know. That'll help me narrow down where the problem might be occurring.

Thanks,
Rim

Shane Turner

Post by Shane Turner » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:33 am

I can't get mixdowns to work now either, and it has nothing to do with Dropbox being enabled.

Check that. I can mixdown in older sessions.

Started new session in 1.03(final install bug fix release). Audiopaste file to track. Add convolution verb and pro EQ. Try to mixdown==crash during mixdown.

Repeated this process and it crashes every time.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Can you please try this from the mixer screen instead of from the editor screen, and see if it makes a difference? I have no problems doing a mixdown here from the mixer screen.

Thanks,
Rim

weedpoet

Post by weedpoet » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:34 am

No matter what I do, it crashes when I try to mix down to mp3.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:06 pm

There must be something unique in your project (maybe the length?). When I try mixing down using MP3 here, I don't see a crash. Could you send me your project (zipped)? I'll try it here and see if it crashes for me as well.

Thanks,
Rim

weedpoet

Post by weedpoet » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:02 pm

i will. but it was a 7 minute section of music. is 7 minutes too long to mix down to mp3?