Drumagog in Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

distraub
Expert

Re: Drumagog in Auria

Post by distraub » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:57 am

So I put a bunch of samples in Dropbox, and imported them into my track, how do I get them into the documents folder, one folder up? I don't have itunes installed on my studio machine, and am trying to avoid the whole syncing thing, is there anyway to move the files in Auria?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:14 am

Sure, it's easy to move files around in Auria. Just drag and drop them. For example, go to the Import Audio screen, tap and hold on a wav file, then drag it into the folder you want. To move it "up" one folder, drop it onto the Back Arrow icon.

Rim

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 am

Awesome, thanks Rim, I didn't think about that, it is probably in the manual isn't it :oops:

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 am

OK so I tried that, but the the back arrow folder isn't visible because my filenames are towards the bottom of the list, when I try to drag them up to scroll the view I can't seem to, any ideas, besides renaming the files I guess, or am I missing something?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:00 am

Oops, that's a oversight on our part ;) In a future update, we'll add auto scrolling, so if you reach the edge of the screen, it'll scroll the list. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rim

butch107
Expert

Post by butch107 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 am

Nice!!!! Didn't know about the drag n drop Rim 8-) Awesome......

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks Rim, I got around it for now by quickly making a new project, importing all the files I wanted in Drumagog, moving them, and killing the project, You should maybe think about making a menu item to just go into the file manager for operations like these, instead of importing tracks, would be nice to pull over files from dropbox without importing them into a track.

-distraub

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Is there a way to place .wav or other files into the drumagog root folder without using iTunes file sharing?

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Use audiocopy paste to bring files into your project from other apps. Then go into import audio, choose the project folder and drag and hold your audiopaste file onto the back arrow. This places it in the root folder and then you will see it in the documents folder in Drumagog. No iTunes necessary :-)

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks for the help! However I created a new folder in the gog folder for the .wav sample, but when I try to acces it from within drumagog, auria crashes - any thoughts?

Cevyn

Post by Cevyn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I was able to acces then audio paste directly from the documents folder within drumagog - would still be nice to be able to create a folder that is directly accessible in the gog files folder. Also, is there a way to group .wav samples so they can be randomly sampled, or is that only possible with gog files?

Thanks again for the help

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Eventually, we'll add a way to browse folders inside Drumagog, but for now, you can only load gog files which are in folders (in the Gog Files folder), or load wav/aif files which are in the main (root) folder.

Multisamples (random or dynamic) are only possible if you create your own gog files. This is something that the PC/mac version of Drumagog offers, but the Auria version doesn't support creating your own.

Rim

Tuli

Post by Tuli » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Jkclay wrote:Can anyone recommend an inexpensive app to create drum tracks for use in Auria? I was hoping Drumagog was it, but now I understand what it actually does.. Ideally I'd like to be able to create a scratch track in Auria of guitar and vocal, and be able to hear it while developing a drum part. Can some one explain to me the workflow, file transfer procedure, etc. to do this. I love the capabilities of Auria, but I'm coming from Garage Band where it was all there (although severely limited), and now I need to learn how to use a real DAW.

Thanks for any education anyone can offer.

Kevin

you could do your scratch track of Guitar-Vocals-drums in GarageBand and then import them individually into Auria.
works for me. hope this helps....

buddemeyer72

Post by buddemeyer72 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 am

Jkclay wrote:Can anyone recommend an inexpensive app to create drum tracks for use in Auria? I was hoping Drumagog was it, but now I understand what it actually does.. Ideally I'd like to be able to create a scratch track in Auria of guitar and vocal, and be able to hear it while developing a drum part. Can some one explain to me the workflow, file transfer procedure, etc. to do this. I love the capabilities of Auria, but I'm coming from Garage Band where it was all there (although severely limited), and now I need to learn how to use a real DAW.

Thanks for any education anyone can offer.

Kevin

Re: Drum Machine/Apps that work with Auria?
I have found a great solution to the drum dilemma found in iOS apps....being a professional musician and utilizing the iPad for most of my compositions has been quite a task in the last couple of years but it CAN work. For drums, I use NanoStudio...I have sampled some drum kits, trimmed them, panned and created specific "real" sounding drums. At the moment, I have 5 kits available in a pack available for purchase ($5 via PayPal to buddemeyer72@yahoo.com). Here are a few examples of the kits I use. (pack includes Mapex, DW, percussion, Epic, and Epic Cymbal) these are all played on the iPad in NanoStudio and they audio copy/paste right into Auria...working on another set of 5 kits as well...but these work great. Adding a Tama kit soon.

Mapex and percussion:
http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/the-deep

DW:
http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/dwdrumsgtrmix

Another DW test...just drums...sorry sloppy...playing live pads
http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/dwtest

Another Mapex test
http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/mapexkit

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:02 am

How do I put gog files ?
I deleted electronic kits there was by default cause I don't use, and for that I deleted the gog folder in iTunes ...
Now for replacing it, I saw that the iTunes file sharing ( things that I hate from Apple) doesn't allow to upload a folder but only files...
Ok I uploaded the gog files one by one , but now they don't appear ...
And specially when I go in drumagog plug and go to documents folder Auria crashes....
What could I do please, now drumagog doesn't work cause there are no gog files anymore...

Thanks by advance

Amicalement Hervé