Drumagog in Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Frent

Drumagog in Auria

Post by Frent » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:05 am

This may be a dumb question, but before I purchase Drumagog in Auria, can it be used my drum sampler/machine for tracks? It seems from what I read in the manual it replaces acoustic drums that are already recorded. If so, would like to use this instead of copy paste from other drum apps so I can hear a better idea with what is played from other tracks. If not, not sure if will do anything for me.
Thanks. PS, so far Auria is pretty amazing. Great job.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Drumagog in Auria

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 am

Drumagog needs drums to already be on your tracks. It will not generate it's own drum tracks. It's used for replacing already recorded drums with other drum sounds.

Rim

Frent

Post by Frent » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:13 am

ok, thanks. Glad I didn't get it. Do you know if there are any plans for adding anything like this?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 pm

It's possible. We're working with several plug-in vendors, but can't get into specifics yet.

Thanks,
Rim

Frent

Post by Frent » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Awesome! Thank you

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:32 pm

If you recrd your drum samoles into auria then you should be able to replace the drum sound with Drumagog. Drumagog will focus on a sound like the snare and can intellegently replace that sound with whatever you want. Ie. you should be able to record yourself tapping on a table and class and then replace thos taps with real drums aso the drumagog sound library is vast and high quality. Correct me if Im wrong so that I too dont buy a $20 plugin that I cant use.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Yes, that's exactly right. The Drumagog that's available in Auria is virtually identical to the one for the Mac/PC. It's mainly only missing some of the processing features like Convolution reverb, Morph engine. You can even use the same gog file libraries from the Mac/PC Drumagog (although it comes with a fairly large library).

Rim

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:30 pm

You could even record yourself beating on boxes and drumagog will turn them into drums!
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

Led

Post by Led » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:51 am

Is it possible to load your own (wav) samples in the Auria version of Drumagog?

Led

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:14 am

Yes, you can easily load your own wav files. Just choose (documents folder) from the Drumagog folder selector. You need to make sure your wav files are in Auria's main (root) folder first. You can use iTunes File Sharing to copy them there.

Rim

Jkclay

Post by Jkclay » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive app to create drum tracks for use in Auria? I was hoping Drumagog was it, but now I understand what it actually does.. Ideally I'd like to be able to create a scratch track in Auria of guitar and vocal, and be able to hear it while developing a drum part. Can some one explain to me the workflow, file transfer procedure, etc. to do this. I love the capabilities of Auria, but I'm coming from Garage Band where it was all there (although severely limited), and now I need to learn how to use a real DAW.

Thanks for any education anyone can offer.

Kevin

Invisiblesupermonkey

Post by Invisiblesupermonkey » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:58 am

Dm1 and stochastic are both great and flexible for most styles of music (if not all!). Both are highly recommended

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 am

Doesn't igog allow you to compose drum tracks too?
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

Jkclay

Post by Jkclay » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. I have IGOG, but don't know how to transfer into Auria without going through my laptop. Any suggestions? As far as Dm1 and Stochastic, do they both easily paste into Auria?. Also, any way to monitor your song while creating the drum sequence?

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:39 am

I think DM1 is a fine recommendation, but if you're trying to tap out a drum part as you listen to the other parts I think I prefer GarageBand actually. It supports audiopaste (no audiocopy unfortunately, so you have to email the song back out to yourself and use open-in to get it into another app like Hokusai or some other app before bringing it back into Auria). So, you can lay down your track sin Auria or wherever, get them into garageband with either audipaste or whatever means you like best, and then you will be able to tap out your beat (or use an external controller - even better) to make your drum track. This is what I find is best for a natural sounding drum track. If you're more into electronic music there are probably better options than this (like the aforementioned DM1 - I actually like creating a nice drum track in ims20 - probably a little bit of overkill though, but man - nothing sounds quite like it). Hope this helps.