The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Combine Regions

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 am

Sorry, I was responding to his second question, which was using audio copy/paste for copying regions. There's no true "consolidate" feature in Auria yet, but it looks like we may add it in a future update.

Thanks,
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: project size-data management?

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks. Most of these features are already on the list for future updates. I appreciate it.

Rim

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 am

Yeah I just tried copy and paste, it only does copy the regions and not combine them, sorry you got my hopes up, so yes I am looking for a consolidate option. As a workaround audiocopy and paste back into auria works on 16bit stuff.

rickboon
Expert

Post by rickboon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 am

Tell you what, I'm going to stop bombarding you with ideas for the next rev-I'm sure you guys are getting clobbered by the amount of input flying in. Keep up the good work!

manfredloe

Re: With all of this talk of new feature requests...

Post by manfredloe » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:43 am

Hi,
I want to add my wishes to the list too:
- possibility to open up Auria's Recording Options pop-up in the track view too
- In the "Load Project" ("Select Project") please add a column called "Last edit date"
- possibility to do some kind of "Loop Recording": let's say I' m recording a guitar solo it would be great to record in a loop and keep only the latest run through. (don't need to add the feature of "composing" THE one loop out of many loops... ( at least atm...))

Thanx for such a great tool. Currently I'm on holidays - and editing a demo recording from my band at the pool.
What great times these are!
Manfred

OLIVIER

Post by OLIVIER » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:59 am

Hello Rim

Possibility to put the timeline in bar mode rather than the minute seconde mode.

Unless it is still possible, Im a newbe.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:41 pm

It's fine, keep them coming if you like ;) The next update or two will mostly be for bug fixes anyway.

Thanks,
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Oliver,

Yes, you can set the timeline units in the transport options menu (Min:Sec, Samples, Bars/Beats and SMPTE).

Rim

bengersfood

Post by bengersfood » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 pm

I would really love to have this function in an update.

Chris M
Expert

Re: Email for mixdown file

Post by Chris M » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Hello,

All mixdowns are available through iTunes File Sharing, so you are easily able to drag-and-drop them into iTunes when connected to your computer. Also, you can export your mixdowns to DropBox, which makes it easy to get them off your iPad when you aren't near a computer.

We appreciate the suggestion about emailing mixdowns--it is something we'll certainly consider for a future update.

Best,

Chris Miller
WaveMachine Labs

Chris M
Expert

Re: In app vst to come

Post by Chris M » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello,

We will certainly update the Auria user base when new VST plugins are on the horizon--we don't have any that will be released soon, but rest assured, more will be added.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

amonglights
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by amonglights » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Love this app. It's amazing. I find it difficult referring to it as a measly "app" when it's so much more. Here's my requests for now:

-Dropbox import support
-iPad 3 retina support if it doesn't create performance issues

I literally couldn't think of anything else yet. It's so cool! Thanks, WML!

Foster
Expert

Post by Foster » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:37 pm

I could have sworn I posted something that did not show up here. I have a great feature request. Don't kno if this has already been brought up.

To use the interfaces we need to have the cck. With the cck we get an SD card reader. And with most hubs there is usually an SD card slot. It would be great if we could backup file directly to the sd card. I don't think it is already possible. It would really help with transferring auria projects/waves to my computer and back. And also makes a great backup and allows us to not use up all of the iPads storage.

Good idea huh?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Sorry, we're moving thing around on the forum to consolidate.

This sounds great, but Apple doesn't allow it, unfortunately. The only way to get files in or out of an app is through iTunes File Transfer (or something internet based like DropBox).

Rim

Foster
Expert

Post by Foster » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:25 pm

im confused here because i can tranfer photos and video right from my sd card to my ipad.

on second thought (trying it out now) it seems like i can only transfer them in. cant figure how to get them out. and its only photos and videos. oh well, i was thought it was a good idea. :cry: