The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: With all of this talk of new feature requests...

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 am

These are really great suggestions. I'm sure we can do something to make looping easier for sure!

Thanks,
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Need tools for automation data editing

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 am

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and great suggestions!

Rim

distraub
Expert

Combine Regions

Post by distraub » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:32 am

Is there a way to combine regions?
I have a region that I trimmed down, and duplicated, but I would like to combine those into one region, as a workaround I audio copied the region and pasted, but this converted it to 16 bit.

Just checking that I am not missing something, if not, then it would be a good feature.

-distraub

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Combine Regions

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:48 am

Do you mean something like the "consolidate" option in many DAWs? Take a track that has a lot of edits on it and create one region out of it?

Actually you don't need to use AudioCopy/Paste, you should use Copy and Paste. AudioCopy is only for moving audio out of Auria and into another app.

Rim

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:33 am

Yes that is exactly what I was looking for, not sure why I didn't try that in the first place.
I got started down the audiocopy path after reading the thread about duplicating a loop a bunch of times, but ok perfect!

Thank you,

-distraub

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:34 am

And thank you for the incredible support.
I love Auria, fantastic team and app!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:37 am

You're welcome!

Rim

knocksquared

Punch-in recording MUST HAVE !

Post by knocksquared » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:08 am

Rim.. I hope you guys add "manual" punch in recording soon. This is a must have. After working with Auria a few days... 2 things majorly slow me down

no record count in and no manual punch-in.

Its such a pain trying to record on the downbeat of the first bar....grrrrrrrrrrr

I would have thought that rec count in would have been released initially.

rickboon
Expert

project size-data management?

Post by rickboon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 am

how about adding a column in the project window that indicates project size in MB? Also, a question-when you copy a project, does Auria copy all audio data or just the session data?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: project size-data management?

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 am

That's a good idea, thanks.

Yes, when you use the Save Copy or Project function, Auria will make a copy of the project, along with all the audio files. Useful is you're about to do any destructive edits, and you want to make a backup.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Punch-in recording MUST HAVE !

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:15 am

We will be adding count-in soon, I agree this is an important feature.

Manual punch in is a bit harder to implement, but it's on our list as well. Have you tried Auto-punch? It's just a matter of setting locators to your in and out positions, then enabling auto punch (in the transport menu).

Rim

rickboon
Expert

Post by rickboon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:16 am

agreed. Is it possible to save just a version of the session document to allow versions of mixes ( plugin variants, levels, edits etc-non destructive stuff) without copying all the audio data?

knocksquared

Re: Punch-in recording MUST HAVE !

Post by knocksquared » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:39 am

Rim wrote:We will be adding count-in soon, I agree this is an important feature.

Manual punch in is a bit harder to implement, but it's on our list as well. Have you tried Auto-punch? It's just a matter of setting locators to your in and out positions, then enabling auto punch (in the transport menu).

Rim
Well I wont lie... I have not tried auto punch...lol. I will today though. Its just that I am one of those people that gets a quick idea while listening back and want to be able to hit record instantly without stopping. I have never been much of a "pre planner" musically ..although I kinda wish I was sometimes. Great news about the count-in though.

rickboon
Expert

Post by rickboon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:50 am

also, I'm seeing the original and copy in the file list with the same creation date and time. Could we add a "last modified" column in here too? Short project names seem to be the order of the day as well-the column doesn't expand to show all characters.

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:02 am

Do you mean something like the "consolidate" option in many DAWs? Take a track that has a lot of edits on it and create one region out of it?

Actually you don't need to use AudioCopy/Paste, you should sue Copy and Paste. AudioCopy is only for moving audio out of Auria and into another app.

Rim

--------

Do you mean that Copy/Paste with multiple regions will create a consolidated event? I get a duplicate of the multiple regions with edits, unless I am doing something incorrect? Don't see this working like a consolidate or bounce edits-type function.

And +1 for your very quick responses. Mixed a little tune and worked on a video over the weekend - very pleased with the outcomes.

Phil.