The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Breeze

Re: The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

Post by Breeze » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm

I just want to confirm that the Apogee MinIMe USB is works with Auria:

- 44.1 or 48kHz, 24-bit.
- Stereo out from iOS works (headphone return)
- Stereo in to iOS works
- it requires a powered hub and the CCK

(It can in principle also work without the above if you use the "magic" Hub discussed in this thread. Unfortunately it seems that at this time (autumn 2012) some of these hubs work and some don't; and it's unclear as to which and why.)

The USB model of the Minime is fully class compliant. Nice to see an old investment carry on... :D
Last edited by Breeze on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuitarPhil

Post by GuitarPhil » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:13 pm

The new Alesis iO Mix looks interesting http://www.alesis.com/iomix

Pros:

Four channels combo XLR/Jack for Mic/Line
Built-in EQs
Charges iPad when in use
Separate level controls for Main outs and headphones
Phantom power
DI for guitar on one channel
Direct Monitor switch
Core Audio-compliant so should work with Auria

Cons:
No MIDI

I'm not clear if it records four channels separately or mixes the four inputs to two and sends that to the iPad which would not be good.

It's not available yet but UK suppliers are listing it as low as 169 GBP (up to 250 GBP).

rfk

Post by rfk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:59 am

M Audio Fast Track Pro monitoring issue

Hi I'm using M Audio Fast Track Pro with camera connection kit (cck) and af powered usb hub D-Link DUB-H4.
When i connect the hub to the cck the iPad tells that it is not supported, but anyway when i switch on the Fast Track Pro i'm able to record in Auria and i sounds very good.
The problem is monitoring. I can not hear anything from the Fast Track during playback or when recording, so I have to use the headphone in the iPad that has some latency.
Is there a way to monitor through the Fast Track Pro.

Thanks for help.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Try turning up your iPad's hardware volume control (the volume buttons on the side of your iPad). You need to do this once the Fast Track is connected to the iPad, and you see the USB light in Auria.

Rim

EspiStudio

Post by EspiStudio » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 am

Line6 mobile in adapter works very good with Overloud plugin and there's nothing extra noise.
Now i can finally start record something with Auria.

rfk

Post by rfk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi Rim
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately it did not help so far.
I now realize that the usb indicator in Auria shows INT and not USB, but ican see two inputs from the Fast Track in the input matrix, and is able to record tracks.
It seems that maybe my usb hub has a problem because the error message tells that it is not supported. The D Link DUB-H4 is brand new, maybe thats why the iOS dont recognize the device. I will try their support.
I did not think a simple device as a usb hub could make trouble, maybe there is a positive list of usb hubs?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:52 am

What version of iOS are you using?

Thanks,
Rim

rfk

Post by rfk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi Rim
The iOS version is 5.1.1 (9B206) iPad 3.

I have tested a little further with the same D Link DUB-H4 hub, and it works fine with a Zoom H4 and is able to send monitor signal back to the H4 and the usb indicator i Auria shows USB.
I'm still a little confused about the error messages that comes when the hub is connected, because it seems not to be the whole truth?
I have seen that you recomment a Belkin hub in an other thread so maybe this one is the soloution:
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage. ... _Id=158910

Thanks for help

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:24 am

Thanks, this might be related to the bug already on our list related to the INT/USB indicator. I'll check it out.

Thanks,
Rim

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:59 am

Good morning I am just about to invest in a Focusrite 8i6 to use with my IPad following the announcement that it is compatible with the IPad. One question which I can't seem to find an answer to in the Forum or inside the user manual for the device is this. The two mike input jacks and line jacks have the input characteristics set ie Mike / instrument by the mixing software which is installed on a PC. Does anyone know if once set will the unit retain the input settings after the device has been turned of as I really don't want to have to keep using the PC once the inputs have been set. I currently use the Behringer 202 with Auria which works great but I need more inputs. Many thanks in advance if any user of this device can help.

Trevor

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:09 am

Trevor,

It's our understanding that with the latest firmware version, the 18i6 and 8i6 will retain any settings you make using the software, even after disconnecting power.

Rim

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:41 am

Good afternoon Rim thanks for the feedback on the Focusrite 8i6. I will now purchase one.

Thanks again

Trevor

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:55 am

Good morning Rim just a thank you on your help and advise regard the Focusrite 18i6 and 8i6 interface. I have now purchased one and it is brillient. I am not sure if the following subject has been covered but I have never been able to get Auria's Record Level adjuster to work in Mono or Stereo on my previouse Behringer setup or the new Focusrite setup. Is this being addressed in the bug fixes as I could do with a little more gain on a couple of my keyboard inputs that are using the line inputs on the Focusrite. Many thanks for a superb application

Trevor

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:01 am

There's a bug that's already been fixed, which causes this issue for single input devices, like the Apogee Jam or Mic. I'm not sure if your device is single channel input.

Rim

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:32 am

Record level adjustment not working

Rim good afternoon, the Behringer has two outputs and currently I am outputting six audio signals from the Focusrite 18i6. The record level adjustment has never worked and I was wondering if your reference to addressing this problem with single input devices might cure multiple inputs as well. I noticed one user got round the problem by running another app that adjusts the input level then switching back to Auria which then seemed to work.

Many thanks

Trevor