getting started with iconnectaudio4 with auria

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

cowswillbecows

getting started with iconnectaudio4 with auria

Post by cowswillbecows » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:15 pm

I'm groping along trying to get output from two electronic instruments routed into auria pro (ipad pro) via iconnectaudio4. The iconnect documentation is minimal and the user interface is not self evident. When I first attempted this (yesterday) I could get one instrument in to auria and recorded it whilst listening via the ipad's headphone out jack to the previously recorded tracks on that project. Somewhere between yesterday and today and a lot of ignorant button pushing I have lost the capability of listening to the auria output via the ipad's headphones and now must listen through the iconnect headphone port. I have no idea how this happened and would like to go back to listening via the ipad, which is physically better located for this purpose for me. Any ideas? I tried a "reset" on the iconnect but that didn't make any difference and the iconnect user manual is so skimpy that I don't actually know what a reset accomplishes -- maybe its a reset to factory setup, maybe not... Is there something in auria that controls this?

Thanks!

danhedonia

Re: getting started with iconnectaudio4 with auria

Post by danhedonia » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:16 pm

I would strongly suggest initiating a ticket via the company's website; I can personally vouch that they are attentive and responsive, and will likely be able to assist you with your issues.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

If you have the Audio4+ or any other USB interface connected to the iPad, you shouldn't be able to use the built in iPad headphone jack. You should be monitoring through the USB interface. Make sure you download the free iConnectivity routing app from the App Store to your iPad. This app will allow you to make all of the input and output settings for the Audio4+.
Let me know if you have any other specific questions regarding the Audio4+ after you play around with their app.

-Corey

cowswillbecows

Post by cowswillbecows » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:59 pm

In case anyone else gets confused by this, I took the respondent's advice and contacted iconnect support about this and they wrote back saying that because of the design of audio features on the ipad pro the iconnect will always take control of the output when its plugged in -- it will take it away from any audio-out routed through the headphone jack. However, the solution is to unplug the headphone jack before plugging iconnect4 in to the ipad and then plug the headphones in, this re-seizes the output for the ipad headphone. There is a warning about this in the user iconnect manual that I hadn't seen and the support people were graceful enough not to call to my attention. Rather they explained the situation and suggested that they were unhappy with the way it was designed on the ipad. All's well that end's well.

Tim

kgmessier

Post by kgmessier » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:36 pm

cowswillbecows wrote:In case anyone else gets confused by this, I took the respondent's advice and contacted iconnect support about this and they wrote back saying that because of the design of audio features on the ipad pro the iconnect will always take control of the output when its plugged in -- it will take it away from any audio-out routed through the headphone jack. However, the solution is to unplug the headphone jack before plugging iconnect4 in to the ipad and then plug the headphones in, this re-seizes the output for the ipad headphone. There is a warning about this in the user iconnect manual that I hadn't seen and the support people were graceful enough not to call to my attention. Rather they explained the situation and suggested that they were unhappy with the way it was designed on the ipad. All's well that end's well.

Tim
I'm just writing to thank you for sharing this. It helped me resolve the same headphone jack issue with my iPad while using an iConnectMIDI4+.