Auria monitoring through Xair

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dazzledush

Auria monitoring through Xair

Post by dazzledush » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi All

I have a new Behringer 18Xair and using Auria.... I have managed no problem to record using the xair to do all the mix8ng work... My problem is playback, how do I then get auria to play back through the xair(I have active monitors attached)and would like to use just the ipad and xair to do all the work.... I would also like to use this live we arena duo therefore difficult to self monitor so being able to record take the pad playback and make mixing changes together wiuld be great

thx

Darren

Washboy
Expert

Re: Auria monitoring through Xair

Post by Washboy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:49 am

I don't have an xair so this advice is generic.

If you have successfully recorded from the xair then your xair/iPad USB connection is working OK. Auria will be outputting to whichever channel(s) you have configured in Auria's 'Menu -> Output Matrix'. From there on, you need to look at how the xair's USB input is configured.

I see that an iPad app is available for xair configuration and a there's a very detailed wiki/manual for the xair online.

It's possible that another forum member does have first-hand experience of the xair and will be able to offer more advice. Hopefully this post has been of some help. Good luck :D

dazzledush

Post by dazzledush » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:27 pm

Thank you so much for the information...Imam now able to loop back round.

only problem in have now is that I thought the xair drove auria fully but once I have recorded I still have to use Auria to mix and when I switch back to xair app auria stops playing.

any ideas?

thanks again

Dazz

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:52 pm

dazzledush wrote:...when I switch back to xair app auria stops playing...
Make sure in Auria's 'Menu->Settings->General(tab)' that 'App Background Audio Mode' is ON.