Apogee One, Maestro app and Auria

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jussishow
Expert

Apogee One, Maestro app and Auria

Post by jussishow » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:41 am

New user here !
Installed Auria, plugged my Apogee One to the iPad and started recording right away ! Great ! :-)

But ... the Maestro app that's needed to switch beteween the inputs, turn Phantom on/off e.t.c freezes upp / starts behaving erratically when left in the background ...

Can't recall bumping into this before using Garageband or the built-in camera to record movies using the ONE ...

iPad 4 running IOS 8.3, everything else up to date ...

Common problem ?

Dwayne
Expert

Re: Apogee One, Maestro app and Auria

Post by Dwayne » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:40 am

Hi. Welcome to the show.

I use the Apogee Duet and I've never had any problems, so no, not common in my experience.

Have you tried reinstalling maestro? I don't think you will lose anything in doing so. Is your One firmware up to date?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Apogee One, Maestro app and Auria

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:15 pm

Here is a trick that I found years ago when I used an Apogee One on my iPad long before their interfaces were iOS compatible. Don't bother with the meastro app to set your Apogee One. Simply go to Garageband on your iPad. Select the input you want from your Apogee One and exit Garageband. The Apogee one will now remain in that setting until you change it again even if your using it with other apps. Good luck and cheers. ~~_/)~~~*
Here is the link to my old video goes back to ios 5.
P.S. Could you let me know if this still works, as I no longer use the Apogee One so I can't test it.
In addition it shouldn't be necessary to have maestro running in the background while using your Apogee One as it should always retain it's last setting. Try exiting maestro and reboot everything and you should have a good clean input without maestro open at all.
http://youtu.be/0phyAGReDho