Tracks not recording

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ricta

Tracks not recording

Post by Ricta » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:42 am

Hi. I have a Presonus 1818vsl and a Presonus digimaxD8 connected together to increase the number of inputs to 16. In the input matrix track 9 and 10 do not show up (which is ok). However when all track are set and armed to record, nothing records on last three tracks even though there is a signal showing on the meters. Is there something special that needs to be done in a setting? Is it something to do with clock settings? Or is there just a limit to tracks being recorded?
Also, several times when recorded tracks have been processed, the audio from the last three tracks is randomly chucked into first track (strange). After this happened a couple of times I closed and restarted auria to receive a message that read something like a problem was found in the memory of this project and was automatically fixed.?

Help, cheers Rick.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Tracks not recording

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:06 am

On the 1818, Inputs 1-8 are the XLRs on the front, Inputs 9-10 are the SP/DIF inputs, and Inputs 11-18 are the ADAT inputs. Are you sure you're taking that into account?

Rim

Ricta

Re: Tracks not recording

Post by Ricta » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:55 am

I may have solved the problem. Track thirteen was the first track with issues. I did tests recording with iPad, in built mic, on all tracks and found track thirteen onwards wasn't capturing wave files. I deleted track thirteen to 18 and added new tracks, then retested. Resulting that all tracks worked fine and message upon reopening auria didn't appear. I'm yet to hook up and retry with interface etc.