MAudio M TRack

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

MAudio M TRack

Post by djjuniorpops » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:36 am

Tried a M Track with my iPad Air via a USB power hub and I could confirm that it works just fine. This is a very cheap interface but it's worth looking at if you looking for a cheap interface. The beauty with it it has inserts on each input.That's something you don't see on cheap interface.
I would therefore recommend it to anyone.

CTRL + X

Re: MAudio M TRack

Post by CTRL + X » Tue May 06, 2014 9:41 am

Damn man, I was looking for this information everywhere and i couldn't find it. Thank you very much, you save the day. Now I can buy this Audio Interface peacefully.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed May 07, 2014 9:05 pm

I use the M-Track Plus as a direct digital input to the iPad. It also alows for both analog and digital input at the same time with a level knob to go from analog to digital. Not many affordable interfaces include SPDIF digital in and out but this model does which allows me to use my Solid State Logic Alfa Channel as a preamp while sending the direct digital out to the M-Track Plus then into the iPad therefore bypassing all the AD/DA converters in the M-Track and using only the converters of the SSL. This allows me to use a high end non iOS compliant analog hardware preamp connected to the iPad.
Highly recommend this interface. Auria also sees the SPDIF digital input as 2 descreet channels even though the SSL is mono or one channel. The 1st input includes the SSL EQ and inserts while input 2 is a clean direct signal from the input bypassing everything. So I get a wet signal and a dry at the same time and Auria records both tracks at the same time if I want on 2 seperate tracks. So if I don't end up liking the effected track I still have the recorded dry signal to work with.
Cheers.~~_/)~~~.

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Mon May 12, 2014 11:39 am

CTRL + X wrote:Damn man, I was looking for this information everywhere and i couldn't find it. Thank you very much, you save the day. Now I can buy this Audio Interface peacefully.
NP glad to help, how is it working for you.

r3watson
Expert

Post by r3watson » Wed May 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Yes! This is exactly what I've been looking for: insert points! Interesting, though, that the 4-channel version of the M-Track won't work with iOS. Seeing this makes my summer happy.

Photo_G
Expert

Post by Photo_G » Wed May 14, 2014 8:00 pm

@Anthony Alves: How many inputs show up in Auria while SPDIF is connected (4 total, i.e., 2x XLR and 2x SPDIF)?

Thanks in advance,
G